Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Who will have the better year Shelden Williams or Brandon Roy? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3405)

GoRapz 06-29-2006 06:53 PM

Who will have the better year Shelden Williams or Brandon Roy?

Title says it all. Discuss :pimp:

GOBB 06-29-2006 06:54 PM

Rodney Carney is gonna have some highlights. Hopefully Bobby Jones is the black Bobby Jones! Too bad we couldnt land Foye!

Kiss Murder 06-29-2006 06:56 PM

Started with a kiss, it ended because it was a kiss.

Quincy Douby will have the best season.

Freak the title, it's about the best name in sports QUINCY DOUBY.

BigTicket 06-29-2006 06:56 PM

Roy easily, who else is going to score for the Blazers ? Cant see what would stop him from playing 30+ minutes as a rookie.

hawkfan 06-29-2006 06:58 PM

Roy would have been a good pick for the Hawks, if the Hawks played him at point guard.

BK picked Childress over Iggy, Williams over Paul.

Maybe this pick will continue that trend or it might buck that trend.

saKf 06-29-2006 07:03 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see Williams have a better year, simply because Portland is such an unstable mess. Poor Roy.

GOBB 06-29-2006 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkfan
Roy would have been a good pick for the Hawks, if the Hawks played him at point guard.

BK picked Childress over Iggy, Williams over Paul.

Maybe this pick will continue that trend or it might buck that trend.

What makes you think he could start at PG??? :confusedshrug:

bagelred 06-29-2006 07:57 PM

Well I think ROY is destined to win the ROY.

Twiens 06-29-2006 08:27 PM

Shelden Williams. He's going to be a MONSTER next year, averaging a double double if he gets to start.

A Roc 23 06-29-2006 08:29 PM

Did anyone else notice how depressed both LaMarcus and Roy looked after they realize they weren't going to the teams that draft them but instead they were heading to the worst situation in the NBA.

hawkfan 06-29-2006 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
What makes you think he could start at PG??? :confusedshrug:

That is the dilemma that BK had.

If he took Roy and Roy couldn't run the point then everyone would have been like - why did BK take another wing player?

Roy is a much better prospect than Williams, but Williams fits the Hawks needs.

BK could have taken Roy and traded Childress, but I don't know what he would get in return.

I would have liked to have seen BK trade up to take Marcus Williams when he fell in the draft.

hawkfan 06-29-2006 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Roc 23
Did anyone else notice how depressed both LaMarcus and Roy looked after they realize they weren't going to the teams that draft them but instead they were heading to the worst situation in the NBA.

I think Portland can be the "rebound" team of next year.

They cleared out the locker room of Nash favorites, and they added a lot of players that fill needs.

Roy and Aldridge will get immediate playing time. LaFrentz fills the need for a big who can shoot outside.

The Blazers have a great coach in McMillan.

I think the Blazers can be a very good team next year.

shawnkempslovechild 06-29-2006 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
Rodney Carney is gonna have some highlights. Hopefully Bobby Jones is the black Bobby Jones! Too bad we couldnt land Foye!

I will tell you right now bobby jones will be a fan favorite in philly. Whoever he guards will get so frustrated with him he never stops. He's like the guy at the park who picks his guy up fullcourt, denies every pass, and after you shoot boxes you out into the next court. His biggest flaw is he will commit dumb fouls.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 06-29-2006 09:35 PM

Sheldon Williams is going to do good in atlanta i think..

Zombles 06-29-2006 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Roc 23

They got traded to New York?