Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What now for marcus Banks??? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3411)

lakerfreak 06-29-2006 07:16 PM

What now for marcus Banks???

Well, we got smush, Sasha, and newly acquired Jordan Farmar.

Let's get to it, will lakers still go after Marcus Banks and get rid of some other gaurds?

or will they use those gaurds in other positons?

orrrr will they just forget about signing Marcus Banks?

traditionone 06-29-2006 08:04 PM

Smush or Sasha will leave. Include them in a trade package with Chris Mihm and Aaron McKie.

Sasha can play either guard position and Kobe can move to the 3 at certain times during a game.

I believe there is a place for Marcus Banks, but since we have Farmar, do we really need a point guard with similar skills? Assuming Smush is the odd man out, we have:

PG: Banks, Farmar, Sasha
SG: Kobe, Sasha, Evans
SF: Lamar, Kobe, Evans, Walton

That gives us 7 players to play the perimeter positions and 5 bigs to make up the 12 man roster. Of course, this leaves no room for Devean George, who should not be brought back or Kareem Rush, who was a speculation signing.

lakerfreak 06-29-2006 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traditionone

PG: Banks, Farmar, Sasha
SG: Kobe, Sasha, Evans
SF: Lamar, Kobe, Evans, Walton

I like this Back court lineup we have here. I just love players that can play more than one position. Add one more person and we're good to go from there.

That also means we can keep Bynum Mihm and Brown all together.

SoCalMike 06-29-2006 10:54 PM

Interesting.. so who has more upside? Smush or Sascha?

Sascha can't drive to the hoop and neither have good defensive skills.

I would take Banks over one of the these two....as was posted by someone else... I want Harrington... haha :)

-Mike in SoCal

millencolin735 06-30-2006 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalMike

I would take Banks over one of the these two....as was posted by someone else... I want Harrington... haha :)

-Mike in SoCal

Well Sasha can drive to the basket very well like Manu it's just unlike Manu Sasha hasnt learned how to take the punishment that comes with going to the basket. Also I think Smush is a wayyyy better defender then given credit for he's great at doubling players and a real pesky defender like those little asian guys he just couldnt defend in the post if his life depended on it. I think that he would also be a better fit as a 2 guard coming off the bench.

BOOHYAH310 06-30-2006 02:39 AM

If/when they sign Marcus Banks, a player that Mitch has coveted for a long time....I think it is a sign that the Lakers will look to package either Sasha or Smush along with Mihm for another player (hopefully a big).

Just a thought. they cannot go into the season with a glut at G, even though Farmar probably won't get a lot of time knowing Phil's philosophy about playing rookies. Mckie will be hard to move, and Wafer might actually be ready to play as well. So the only slightly desirable guard commodities the Lakes have are smush and sasha.

So perhaps a S&T with Devean may happen. But i definitely think that they will try to package one of the PG's with Mihm. This will allow Bynum to get more minutes backing up Kwame.

Greg Anthony 06-30-2006 02:41 AM

Quote:

-Mike in SoCal

neither have good defensive skills. I disagree sasha is one of the best on ball defenders in the league he's relentless when he is harrassing the ball handler.He must improve his strenth and weight but could be a allstar in his career.

lakerfreak 06-30-2006 06:14 AM

Quote:

-Mike in SoCal

He did a solid Job on Nash...got him frustrated a bit.

Smush averaged 1 and a half steals per game.

thats pretty good D including a career high 7 steals vs. miluakee.

He just has to imprve playing D as in getting in position getting his hands in defenders faces.

idk

but it seems like sasha or smush will be traded