Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Undrafted Talent (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3413)

Unregistered132 06-29-2006 07:20 PM

Undrafted Talent

Kevin Pittsnogle, Mike Gansy and Gerry Mcnamara are all undrafted!!!!!

NUGGETS PLEASE SIGN ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tsuj10 06-29-2006 07:39 PM

Gansey, especially. He was ranked as the 20th best player available on Jay Bilas' board- maybe Isiah just confused Gansey and Balkman. The Knicks would not have received half the flack that they did had they drafted Gansey. Pittsnogle was a surprise too, but not really Jmac.

DwadeOverLebron 06-29-2006 07:44 PM

!

ooooooooooooooh! i wish the bulls would grab darius washington Jr. he might be the poormans arena's of this years draft!

Tsuj10 06-29-2006 07:49 PM

I'm glad the Bulls didn't do that. They're set with Hinrich, Gordon, Duhon, and Sefolosha.

NYKnicks914 06-30-2006 04:13 PM

Allan. Ray. Period.

Then you got Mike Gansey, Pittsnogle, etc.

TheBigAristotle1 06-30-2006 04:30 PM

A nice run down of whats available that I posted on the Bulls board:

Quote:

I think this draft has a lot of depth but very few sure things. There is a lot of talent that went undrafted:

1. Jose Juan Barrea: Undrafted but an exceptionally good player (arguably the best undrafted player), he DOMINATED the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament, and also put up unbelievable NCAA stats. The guy seems like he can play, admittedly I can't reccomend him having never seen him, but the fact that right after he got done with college he jumped to the Puerto Rican league and led his team to a title, or close to one is a very good sign. The downside is he is a 5'10/5'11 point gaurd which is the last thing we need.

2. Sean Dockery: Not a great fit for the Bulls, bad stats, etc. But this guy is a fiend on defense. He might be able to make up for his size with his quickness and tenacity. Who knows.

3. Mike Gansey: Tough as nails, has fairly good size, and is a good offensive player. If he can play there is a good chance he could jump in and contribute right away. Excellent shooter with enough athleticism to be a fairly good defender. It's hard to evalaute him in West Virginia's system, but I think he is worth a look.

4. Chris Quinn: Shooter/scorer who performed very well on the athleticism tests and averaged close to 20ppg in the big east. I think this guy plays like a stiff, and I am not a fan of his at all, but he might be able to take Pargo's role.

5. Taquan Dean: This guy I like. Lights out shooter, excellent scorer, extremely strong, great athlete. I don't think size will matter for this guy as he is very strong, and very athletic. Go back 2 years ago to when Louisville made the final four. This guy was an absolute stuf muffin throughout the tournament. I think we could have a poor mans Ben Gordon with more size here. This guy is a steal, and if Sefolosha doesn't pan out could end up being the Backup shooting gaurd.

6. Keydren Clark: Great mid major scorer who, like Barea, I haven't watched. On the other hand a guy with that kind of tenacity and scoring ability at 5'10" could be a much better version of Pargo. He doesn't fill a major need but on sheer talent alone is worth a look.

7. Carl Krauser: Steady point gaurd, who is fundamentally sound and boring. Not a lot of potential but could be insurance in case Duhon bolts in a few years, not as athletic as Duhon but a better scorer. Doesn't fill an immediate need.

8. Gerry Macnamara: Underrated college player. Clutch shooter with tons of big game experience and a history of leading his team places(IMO atleast). He really is best suited as a 2nd or 3rd option and suffered because defenses could key in on him with only one or two quality players on his team (Warrick and Devendorf). Doesn't fill a need but is a good enough player to be worth looking at anyway. Also a better athlete then he get's credit for, in my opinion, he was able to penetrate and set up his teammates pretty well and tested as a better athlete then Marcus Williams. He's a bad athlete by NBA standards but not some type of horrible stiff as he is portrayed sometimes.

9. Darius Washington: Another point gaurd who doesn't fill a need, but an incredible talent. Athletically this guy will be able to hold his own in the NBA from day one. Worst case scenario this guy is a more reliable Pargo type spark plug, who can go to the rack and score. IMO I think he is worth getting, as he could become a Bobby Jackson type sparkplug.

10. Nick Caner Medley. Has the height to play powerforward and more then enough athleticism, we don't really need another undersized powerforward or tweener forward, but this guy has a lot of talent and has proven himself over the years in the NCAA. IMO letting him slip away because we have Darius Songalia or who ever would be retarded. The fact is the bulls have a derth of quality big man and this guy could turn out to be one.

11. Kevin Pittsnoggle. This is a guy we should take a long hard look at. He fills a need that none of those other players can, he is a center. This guy has a lot of bulk and would be an ungaurdable mismatch for many of the centers in the league. Imagine Shaq gaurding him, not pretty. He fills a need for us at center, and for me that puts him way ahead of the other undrafted free agents.

Skywalker 06-30-2006 04:49 PM

Quote:

Allan. Ray. Period.

lmao, so Allen period Ray period Period period? wtf lol

I agree though, Allen Ray in my mind will undoubtebly be a player in the NBA

Messed the cut 06-30-2006 04:56 PM

Undrafted Guys

Mike Gansey / Taj Gray / Marco Killingsworth / Allen Ray - All of these guys have the ability to be in the NBA, and somehow fell out of favour, of all the undrafted guys, these are the guys that should make it into the league at some point, especially Gansey.

Pittsnogle is another Tskitishvilli, soft.
Gmac is another Matt Maloney.
Daruis Washington Jr came out too early and has no one to blame but himself.
JP Batista - Would get owned by every 5 in the league cuz of his height, would get owned by every 4 in the league cuz of speed, but he is rock strong.
Taquan Dean is another Dajuan Wagner.
Sean Dockery - not as talented as any of the 1's in the draft, its too bad cuz dookies are usually great character guys to have on the team.

KiNG 06-30-2006 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1
A nice run down of whats available that I posted on the Bulls board:

:applause:

TheBigAristotle1 06-30-2006 05:06 PM

Forgot about Taj Gray and JP Batista, those guys would be worth a shot on the Bulls especially Batista. Say what you will but the Bulls lack a low post scorer and Batista would be a great off the bench low post presence.

AIR SETH 06-30-2006 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYKnicks914
Allan. Ray. Period.

Bingo. Allen Ray. That was a shocker for me.

Da Ville baller 06-30-2006 05:23 PM

I can take all the players that didn't get drafted and make the playoffs in two years. Seriously, Batista, Taquan Dean, Jeremy kelly, Gansey, Pittsnogle, Allen ray and the list goes on. Give me a coach that nobody wants (Larry Brown) and we'll win just enough games to make the playoffs and make some noise in 2 years.....man I'm the perfect GM

NYKnicks914 06-30-2006 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker
lmao, so Allen period Ray period Period period? wtf lol

I agree though, Allen Ray in my mind will undoubtebly be a player in the NBA

for effect, my man...

tlang1982 06-30-2006 05:40 PM

Vincent Grier turned down an invite w/ Twolves to go to summer league w/ the Heat. Riley loves him I guess.

Greg Brunner from Iowa, got an invite w/ Twolves. It's rumored Curtis Stintson ISU and Ben Jackobson UNI will also get invites.

NYKnicks914 06-30-2006 05:57 PM

something I wrote on Allan Ray somewhere else:

No, he wasn't 'that bad.' He was and is very good. People involved in NBA drafts (scouts, GMs, etc.) usually know what they are doing but can also be extremely... dumb.

There is no way Allan Ray wasn't good enough to get drafted. Though, I am glad he didn't get drafted in the second round. Undrafted is better than second round, because then you choose which team you play for over the summer under the same conditions as a second rounder. What is a shame is that he didn't get drafted in the first round, though I wouldn't call it ludacrous. It is actually expected, the way those people think (no, that is not much of a knock against them, it is just a fact). Allan will play over the summer (I hear for the Celtics). If he doesn't make that team (the Celtics already have 3 point guards (Telfair, Delonte West, Rajon Rondo), as well as 2 or 3 shooting guards (Tony Allen, Gerald Green, Paul Pierce), he will show the league what he can do and should be signed soon enough. Allan Ray will have a good career in the NBA.