Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Orleans Pelicans Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Playoff Bound??? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3472)

bk15 06-30-2006 01:10 AM

Playoff Bound???

Will Yall Make The Playoffs this time???

Heres The Roster

PG - Paul/claxton/norris
SG - Snyder/Macijauskas/smith
SF - Mason/Butler/Fizer/Bass/Johnson III/Vinicius
PF - Williams/West/Simmons/Vroman
C - Brown/Jackson/Armstrong

Free Agents

Aaron Williams (FA)
Speedy Claxton (FA)
Rasual Butler (FA)

You Guys Have a SH!T load of SF you guys need to get rid of some (Fizer,Bass,Johnson), I dont understand why You guys would take 2 PF's u guys have Williams and West u should have taken Rodney Carney(but u messed up) and rumor has it that J.R. Smith is Soon Gone. I think a nice pick up would be Allen Ray for a back up SG if smith is gone he can spread the floor and hit open jumpers.

KnicksFan4Life 07-01-2006 07:35 PM

I think the Hornets will make the playoffs, I also think that Chris Paul could be an All-Star this year

sixerfan3511 07-02-2006 05:08 AM

williams was just for this year because u had no size, no hes a free agent and hes not comin back. U waived vroman during the season so hes not on the team anymore. Butler, claxton, and williams are free agents. Fizer is also and hes not coming back. U jus signed peja so heres ur roster:(and williams doesnt start over west by the way)

pg:paul, norris
sg:mason, snyder, smith, Macijauskas
sf:stojakovic, Johnson III, Vinicius
pf:west, simmons
c:brown, jackson, armstrong

i dont think that macijauskas is coming back either, and the reason u drafted 2 bigs is because marc jackson only has 1 year left and brown also, plus hes old anyway. U need to sign a pg to back up paul, but other than that i think u guys can make a run at playoffs

dmenzion 07-02-2006 08:03 PM

first of all who ever starts Kirk Snyder in front of JR Smith has serious issues...
yes, NOK Hornets will make the playoffs

Brown/Armstrong
West/Simmons
Peja/butler
Smith/snyder
Paul/claxton

i mean they almost made it last year...now i mean with smith getting better and armstrong/peja/simmons added its gonna b playoffs definetly

bk15 07-02-2006 11:12 PM

What u mean with smith getting better..he barely got ne play time last season cuz of his attitude hes most likey on his way out

C - Brown/Armstrong
PF - West/Simmons
SF - Peja/butler
SG - mason/snyder/smith - on his way out
PG - Paul/jackson

sixerfan3511 07-03-2006 12:17 AM

yeah, seriously, smith is in byron scott's doghouse for w/e reason and u guys are exploring trades for him, so dont jump to conclusions. Hes good as gone...

sixerfan3511 07-03-2006 12:19 AM

and u guys dont have butler right now, hes a free agent. I think u guys wanna resign him tho, but claxton is gone.

Chamberlain 07-03-2006 12:59 AM

Bobby Jackson = the end of Speedy Claxton as a Hornet.

KnicksFan4Life 07-03-2006 02:29 AM

Now that you guys have Peja as a shooter you will definitly make the playoffs

clipse026 07-03-2006 10:38 PM

Smith isnt playing this year either. Not unless he has a serious attitude change.

lawlerslaw100 07-04-2006 01:24 AM

Yes

With Peja and Bobby J added to Chris Paul and David West and JR Smith,
the Hornets are a second tier playoff team.

insidehoops 07-04-2006 10:32 AM

I feel like right now the hornets are in the mix for the 7 or 8th playoff spots. Not sure about higher than that just yet