Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Atlanta Hawks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Better Luck Next Year Guys (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3478)

bk15 06-30-2006 12:35 AM

Better Luck Next Year Guys

I know you guys anint gonna make the p[layoffs this season...some advice loose all ur games get the number 1 pick(and new jerseys) and draft GREG ODEN
The Roster

PG - Lue/Stoudamire/Ivey/Grundy
SG - Johnson/D.Smith/
SF - Childress/Smith/
PF - Harrington/Williams/Jones/Batista
C - Pachulia/S.Williams/Edwards

Free Agent
Al Harrington (FA) (You Guys Really Need Him Back Un Less You Get Someone better so same value..My suggestion is Sign&Trade Him to Portland for Zach Randloph and Joel Przybilla...or Get Iverson

You Guys Need Alot of Pieces or This Team

frankthetank966 06-30-2006 09:07 PM

I doubt the Hawks trade any of these players: Johnson, Josh Smith, Marvin Williams and Sheldon Williams. I could see them trading Harrington, Salim or Chilldress and a second rounder for Iverson. Otherwise the trade most likely will not happen. There are always rumors of the Hawks getting Iverson mainly because ATL is a good basketball city but has a poor team and has a lot of room under the cap.

sixty 07-01-2006 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankthetank966
...and Sheldon Williams

This one is a bald one. :wtf:

SecondFiddle 07-02-2006 06:44 PM

I hope the Hawks are extremely bad. So we can keep the pick from going to the Suns.

hawks4life 07-03-2006 01:19 AM

i hope the hawks are

A: worst team and get the #1 pick

B: win it all

i don't want to be the team who goes like 35-47 that barely misses the playoffs then get the 14th or so pick

SecondFiddle 07-04-2006 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawks4life
i hope the hawks are

i don't want to be the team who goes like 35-47 that barely misses the playoffs then get the 14th or so pick

I agree

insidehoops 07-04-2006 03:18 PM

As nice as it woudl be to get greg oden, I am not going to totally rave about how great an NBA player he'll be until I see him in college

And yes, I've seen him a lot in high school and he's awesome, but I'm still happy that he'll be in the NCAA for a year

hawkfan 07-04-2006 03:58 PM

If the Hawks aren't competitive this year, BK will be out.

But they should be competitive.

The center position and point guard positions have been addressed.

Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, Josh Childress will be more experienced next year.

Hopefully they can get a good piece for Harrington, and both rookies perform well this year.

ak47smohawk 07-04-2006 06:21 PM

Quote:

Hey, stop making fun of the Jazz! :confusedshrug: We seem to do a good job out of the last 2 of 3 years of barely missing the playoffs and getting a very average pick.

Hotlantadude81 07-04-2006 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bk15
I know you guys anint gonna make the p[layoffs this season...some advice loose all ur games get the number 1 pick(and new jerseys) and draft GREG ODEN
The Roster

PG - Lue/Stoudamire/Ivey/Grundy
SG - Johnson/D.Smith/
SF - Childress/Smith/
PF - Harrington/Williams/Jones/Batista
C - Pachulia/S.Williams/Edwards

Free Agent
Al Harrington (FA) (You Guys Really Need Him Back Un Less You Get Someone better so same value..My suggestion is Sign&Trade Him to Portland for Zach Randloph and Joel Przybilla...or Get Iverson

You Guys Need Alot of Pieces or This Team

I don't know how the Hawks need Al Harrington back when they got no place to play him.:banghead:

Hotlantadude81 07-04-2006 08:34 PM

Quote:

i hope the hawks are

That's just stupid.

SecondFiddle 07-07-2006 08:55 PM

Sign a bunch of CBA guys and let the losing began

SecondFiddle 07-07-2006 08:56 PM

I wanted to see let the losing begin but I was typing too fast.