Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Friend of mine died last night in the war. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34856)

Kblaze8855 03-23-2007 10:14 PM

Friend of mine died last night in the war.

Know its off topic...dont really care.

Died in Iraq. Never even got to see his daughter. First person ive known to die in war. My grandfather was in WW2. I had uncles in Vietnam. But this is the first war I lost a friend in. People I knew were in the first gulf war. 5-6 people over there now. First one lost. Known him since we were 11. I was gonna join the navy when he joined the army but ended up being talked into college by my mom. I might be in some **** now myself if not for that.

I try to think he died for something but in all honesty I cant think of what. wasnt protecting america. Wasnt in some WW2 **** fighting for the world. Or even Vietnam supposedly fighting communism. Just over there doing....whatever. Having a hard time putting a positive spin on it...

Bobcat4Ever 03-23-2007 10:15 PM

Re: Friend of mine died last night in the war.

Hey man I am really sorry. My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

The Italian 03-23-2007 10:15 PM

That sucks. I feel for you.

XxNeXuSxX 03-23-2007 10:16 PM

Sorry man, he died in the name of this country, no matter how f*cking stupid our politicians are. I give my condolences, sucks losing a friend or family member, especially in a war....

Lakerz_Forever 03-23-2007 10:16 PM

wow. i'm sorry dude. i'm only 13, i don't know how it must feel. i don't know what to say. i'm really sorry man. feel better.

pete's montreux 03-23-2007 10:16 PM

I'm deeply sorry for your loss. There is really nothing anybody can say.

Rest in peace.

SoCalMike 03-23-2007 10:17 PM

Wow! I know we go at each other in here all the time, but stuff like this puts things in perspective. When that kind of thing hits close to home, it really does send a shockwave.

Hang in there and talk with your friends/family about it!

God bless.

:pimp:

Howard5Dirk41 03-23-2007 10:17 PM

My condolences to you and your family.

skillswithaz 03-23-2007 10:19 PM

You and your friend will be in my prayers tonight...RIP

Sword.Dragons 03-23-2007 10:20 PM

I'm really sorry man, War is the worst thing ever.

May he Rest In Peace.

ThaKid 03-23-2007 10:23 PM

Keep ya head up fellow poster, sad he never got to see his daughter...

suzy 03-23-2007 10:23 PM

That's sad my prayers go out to you and his family. May his soul rest in perfect peace.

suzy 03-23-2007 10:24 PM

That's sad my prayers go out to you and his family. May his soul rest in perfect peace.

steadyfast96 03-23-2007 10:24 PM

Very sorry to hear that. Our deepest condolescences goes out to all the family and friends of fallen soldiers.

A friend of mine just got shipped back a few months ago. Haven't heard much about his situation since but no bad news thankfully.

suzy 03-23-2007 10:24 PM