Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   College and High School Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Hibbert vs Oden vs Tibbett vs Baby Davis (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35408)

STelfair31 03-28-2007 11:32 AM

Hibbert vs Oden vs Tibbett vs Baby Davis

Which one of these great college centers will have a better NBA career and why???

Hibbert because he has the body to bang and he can do it all block shots, rebound, pass and score...not #1 pick material but a quality center..

TheGame414 03-28-2007 03:04 PM

Re: Hibbert vs Oden vs Tibbett vs Baby Davis

Who the christ is Tibbett? And no, Hibbert won't be half the pro Oden is. He'll be a quality pro, though.

i seen hippos 03-28-2007 03:05 PM

Thabeet? lol

Voice of Reason 03-28-2007 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGame414
Who the christ is Tibbett? And no, Hibbert won't be half the pro Oden is. He'll be a quality pro, though.

Kid from Uconn.

TheGame414 03-28-2007 03:10 PM

In fairness to me, he did misspell "Thabeet" by about five letters.

And it's too early to say how good of an NBA player that kid's gonna be.

monthh 03-29-2007 12:08 AM

Thabeet is a "great" college center? The center position must officially be dead.

To answer the question, Oden by far. Hibbert and Hawes will be the next two picked I think, and I also think they will be close in terms of pros. Thabeet could be up there, but there is no predicting what he will be. I think Aaron Gray will go first round and could be a steal, and NBAdraft.net has Jason Smith in the 1st round.

And to clear things up, I don't think Noah, Glen Davis, Fazekas, and guys like that will be NBA centers.

duke30 03-29-2007 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STelfair31
Which one of these great college centers will have a better NBA career and why???

Hibbert because he has the body to bang and he can do it all block shots, rebound, pass and score...not #1 pick material but a quality center..

are you tryin to say that Oden cant do any of that, oden would dominate him any day.

qrich 03-29-2007 08:53 PM

Glen Davis belongs NOWHERE near this conversation. His game will not translate to the NBA, although he had a solid Collegiete career. Thabeet willl be nothing more then a weakside shot blocker if he declares this season, so it's all down to Roy Hibbert and Greg Oden. It's not that big of a difference between these two in my opinion, so it all values on which of these big men's game's translate better into the NBA, which I think will be none's enough for them to be as great as expected, at least in Greg's case. Oden will be the better pro though.

TheGame414 03-29-2007 11:39 PM

If Glen Davis can make more strides in improving his body like he did from his sophomore to junior year, he can play in the NBA. How much is there that Sean May does that Glen Davis can't do? Or Udonis Haslem, who was a chunky kid at Florida who transformed his body?

STelfair31 03-30-2007 09:09 AM

I mixed him and Hibbert up

GOBB 03-30-2007 03:33 PM

Jim Rome said Hibbert was a better player than Greg Oden :oldlol:

I love Rome is burning but that was just dumb. Wish i could call him out on that.