Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is it just me or is this pretty classless by D'Antoni? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35563)

konex 03-29-2007 04:30 PM

Is it just me or is this pretty classless by D'Antoni?

Quote:

Suns coach Mike D'Antoni's Most Valuable Player race doesn't include Kobe Bryant. D'Antoni says the MVP race still is between Steve Nash and Dirk Nowitzki, despite reports of a third contender. "Who's the third?" D'Antoni asked Wednesday.

KB24 has no real shot at it so why not keep this to himself? Especially when you play the Lakers twice and are a 2 or 3 game losing streak from playing them in the first round...

DoubleTech 03-29-2007 04:33 PM

Re: Is it just me or is this pretty classless by D'Antoni?

it's just you, d'antoni didn't say anything wrong...

he just considers the MVP race is between two people... and it is... nothing wrong with that.

Soccer10 03-29-2007 04:34 PM

Yes, it's just you. He's absolutley right.

He said that although Kobe's great, the Lakers are not.

Nothing wrong with that statement.

Rab 03-29-2007 04:36 PM

It's just you. There are no other "true" MVP candidates other than Dirk and Nash, and right now I would even go so far as to say it's just Dirk.

kentatm 03-29-2007 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by konex
KB24 has no real shot at it so why not keep this to himself? Especially when you play the Lakers twice and are a 2 or 3 game losing streak from playing them in the first round...

OMFG somebody thinks team success should be part of the MVP race. OMFG WHAT A JERK BWWWAWAAAARRRRRR!!!!!!!

glidedrxlr22 03-29-2007 04:37 PM

Quote:

We don't all kneel and pray to your god. :pimp:

konex 03-29-2007 04:37 PM

I think LeBron is more of an MVP than either Dirk or Nash and if the Cavs win 50, he WILL win...

jaydacris 03-29-2007 04:37 PM

jus because he doesnt recognize kobe as an mvp candidate doesnt mean its disrespectful. take your kobe goggles off

KINGofTHEcourt 03-29-2007 04:39 PM

Quote:

I think LeBron is more of an MVP than either Dirk or Nash and if the Cavs win 50, he WILL win...

The Cavs won 50 year if I remember correct, and he was putting up better numbers. He didn't win it then, and he won't win it now.

Rab 03-29-2007 04:40 PM

There is a ton of respect between Kobe and Mike. Part of the reason Kobe wore #8 was in tribute to D'Antoni, when D'Antoni played in Italy. He usually always gives Kobe his dues.

kentatm 03-29-2007 04:42 PM

Quote:

at the start of the year I thought if the Cavs won 50+ it would go to Bron no matter what. I didn't expect the Mavs to be so dominating though. If the Mavs were on pace to win something like 58-60, then I would stick to the LeBron prediction but with the Mavs already at 60 wins with 11 games left, it would take a massive collapse for Dirk to lose it now.

Brunch@Five 03-29-2007 04:42 PM

I'm sure he was asked that by reporters. You think he called a reporter and told him that`? :banghead:

bokes15 03-29-2007 04:43 PM

It's just you. Most people think it's a two horse race and it probably is.

insidehoops 03-29-2007 04:46 PM

Quote:

It's just you

Cool 03-29-2007 04:48 PM

How about posting the whole quote, I am a Laker fan also, but if you post the whole quote you will see what else he said about him.

Quote:

Suns coach Mike D'Antoni says the race for the NBA's Most Valuable Player still is between Steve Nash and Dirk Nowitzki, despite reports of a third contender.

"Who's the third?" D'Antoni asked Wednesday.

"I love Kobe," D'Antoni said of Bryant, answering his own question. "I think Kobe is great. I just don't know if (the Lakers have) played well enough."