Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   most boring team today/in the past? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35603)

kidachi 03-30-2007 01:11 AM

most boring team today/in the past?

some say the mavs are boring. well not really. they'd be like 6 in a scale of 10. they're boring 'cause of dirk. just shooting and shooting and shooting those jumpers all day and nothing else. but they are also cool to watch because they have no weakness. all aspects of winning are covered.

the spurs are a bit boring. i dont know why. haha. the twilight of the stockton-malone tandem was also boring for me. the pacers of today. also boring.

Chalkmaze 03-30-2007 01:23 AM

Re: most boring team today/in the past?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidachi
the twilight of the stockton-malone tandem was also boring for me. the pacers of today. also boring.

Yeah, I'm a die hard Jazz fan and enjoyed the games in the Stockton - Malone era, but you didn't see a lot of free-lancing and willy nilly ABA ball in that system and it was pretty much the same thing most nights. I think you could enjoy it if you got excited about executing strategies and percentages, as opposed to someone less familiar with the game who just wanted to see lots of fast action, dunks, highlights, show-offs, duels, antics and all that kind of stuff. I liked to watch Nique play sometimes, even though Atlanta was pretty sloppy. It was more a game of chance and luck in chaos than a structured- play for the highest percentages type of game.

tmacman 03-30-2007 09:56 AM

Chicago is boring. Shooting whenever they get the ball. Thats all they did versus the Pistons yesterday

dejordan 03-30-2007 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmacman
Chicago is boring. Shooting whenever they get the ball. Thats all they did versus the Pistons yesterday

i kind of find chicago hard to watch too. defensively i like how they rotate and recover, but unless ben gordon or deng are smoking their swing the ball around the perimeter / drive and kick college style offense is pretty yawn-inducing.

Cannonball 03-30-2007 10:06 AM

man that gsw suns game last night was fun to watch.

kentatm 03-30-2007 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannonball
man that gsw suns game last night was fun to watch.

unless you were a fan of the burning hot balls of gas.

knickscity 03-30-2007 10:32 AM

I thought the Fratello-coached Cavs in the 90's were boring as hell. Every play was executed with under 5 seconds on the clock. Dribble, dribble, dribble. Final score Cavs 74, whoever 68.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 03-30-2007 11:01 AM

Nets are getting rather stale.

it's all isolations these days. and Carter does not care to go for circus shots or fancy dunks anymore. and Kidd plays a lot like a two guard recently. they don't create any more plays which make me jump out and shout WOW.

Cannonball 03-30-2007 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kentatm
unless you were a fan of the burning hot balls of gas.

:confusedshrug:

dejordan 03-30-2007 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Nets are getting rather stale.

it's all isolations these days. and Carter does not care to go for circus shots or fancy dunks anymore. and Kidd plays a lot like a two guard recently. they don't create any more plays which make me jump out and shout WOW.

completely agree. i don't know if kidd's saving something or hurting or if lawrence frank doesn't feel he's got the horses for it, but this team does not take advantage of having one of the best uptempo pgs of all time.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 03-30-2007 11:15 AM

Kidd still pushes whever he can, but this team does not have many finishers.

RJ and Hassan Adams (not playing much lately) are the only wingmen capable of following Kidd. but without good defense or a shot blocker, the fast break becomes a rarity.

and everyone keeps saying Carter should run teh break and he's lazy.

Carter is not that fast sprinting downcourt... and he usually plays midpost to grab rebounds or putbacks since the Nets frontcourt is rather... mediocre...

saKf 03-30-2007 11:33 AM

I don't particularly like watching Cleveland, Indiana, New Jersey, or New York, but I'm not sure it's because they're boring.

jamesalan9 03-30-2007 11:51 AM

Just about any team that Rick Carlisle has ever coached has been dull! The all time worst was Fratello's Cavs.

glidedrxlr22 03-30-2007 11:57 AM

I find the Pistons boring to watch. Not sure why.

Silverbullit 03-30-2007 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidachi
they're boring 'cause of dirk. just shooting and shooting and shooting those jumpers all day and nothing else

You should say "just hitting and hitting and hitting those jumpers all day and nothing else".

Maybe boring for Mavericks' opponents, but not for the Mavericks :)