Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Houston Rockets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Can houston get Kmart or Randolph? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3566)

thenextgreatbigman 06-30-2006 06:51 PM

Can houston get Kmart or Randolph?

They can get either player for some trash and they would make a great 3rd option. So do you think they can get a deal together that can bring one of them in?

alston
tmac
battier
kmart/zach
yao

that would be a sick lineup

fatboy11 06-30-2006 06:54 PM

Who do they want in return?

Luther Head alone won't do it.

We have no chance at either player.

thenextgreatbigman 06-30-2006 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatboy11
Who do they want in return?

Luther Head alone won't do it.

We have no chance at either player.

imo they can get randolph/throw in for howard/sura/head/pick

ClutchCityReturns 06-30-2006 07:01 PM

Randolph is a max/near max contract as far as the eye can see. Absolutely ZERO possibility that the Rockets strap themselves like that.

Zero.

Zilch.

Nada.

PureElement 06-30-2006 07:06 PM

We don't have a Dolan or Mark Cuban, we don't spend our money like crazy.

Y2Gezee 06-30-2006 07:30 PM

not a chance, Houston doesn't have enough to give back other than Tmac or Yao (which they arent doing ). There's a chance Denver may have done it with Swift involved

NBAfan32 06-30-2006 07:39 PM

Rockets should go after Reggie Evans.

spastiker 06-30-2006 07:41 PM

Quote:

kmart/zach: that would be a sick lineup

Sure it would! But I don't think thats realistic considering the rockets salary cap!
Rockets definately need a PF, banger, type player! What about Drew Gooden.
Rockets does not need a scoring PF, but a roleplayer, rebounding, defensive minded, type of player who doesn't try to do to much offensively!

kumquat 06-30-2006 08:06 PM

Goodens a bit of a low IQ player. May remind JVG of stromile. They need to add a tough guy like evans and a big time bench scorer who can start when need be.

DreamRuled 06-30-2006 08:10 PM

I wouldn't want either of those players on our team. Randolph is an underachieving lardo, and Kmart is to much of a punk on the court. Plus, as everyone has mentioned, huge contracts. I'd love a guy like Drew Gooden, but even he's going to be out of our price range. Maybe a guy like Reggie Evens would be good for us. Maybe the Bulls don't pick up Othella's option and we can sign him. Or we can bring Otis Thorpe out of retirement...

thenextgreatbigman 06-30-2006 08:54 PM

at first i was thinking varejao but he's still on his rookie contract and they can't offer **** for him. head is the best they can give but cavs don't need him.
if they get mike james they could try trading alston/head for jones/varejao

FPower 06-30-2006 09:18 PM

Kmart would be a great fit IMO. However, given his age (not that he's old, but he's almost 30), contract, and injury prolems, I don't give up anything more than Sura and Juwan. I can't see Denver biting on that deal.

Dat1 07-05-2006 09:21 PM

They wouldn't get kmart or zach cause of the money randolph is a franchise player on the blazer and the nuggets still probably have about 3 more years on martins contract.

Cire 07-11-2006 07:18 PM

I think both players can be a beast on the court, but their attitudes just don't fit with the Rockets.

$hotyme 07-12-2006 12:17 PM

Kmart

He is to old, he will be 30 when the season starts we need to get younger drew gooden or al harrigton