Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sacramento Kings Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Good news from the Maloofs/bee! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35731)

BradMiller52 03-31-2007 02:41 AM

Good news from the Maloofs/bee!

Quote:

Kings Notes: Pressley tackles new job
By Sam Amick - Bee Staff Writer
Last Updated 12:01 am PDT Saturday, March 31, 2007
Story appeared in SPORTS section, Page C5

Print | E-Mail | Comments (0)

Harold Pressley walked into the team's practice facility early Friday evening, a three-piece suit in his right hand and a smile across his face.

The former King was named the team's director of player development earlier in the day, a role for which Pressley believes he is the perfect fit. Add the official title and the fancy suit, and the Kings filled the void of being the only team in the league to not have such a representative.

Pressley said his role will vary, from mentoring players in the professional and personal realm to handling some matters of community involvement. He also will be a liaison to the league. According to NBA spokeswoman Maureen Coyle, the league started the player development program six years ago.

Kings spokesman Troy Hanson said the duties had been handled by numerous people within the organization in years past, although there was no formalizing of the position.

"It's just wonderful," said Pressley, who played with the Kings from 1986 to 1990 and more recently served as a television analyst.

"It's phenomenal to be back with the organization and doing something that I absolutely love doing. Being a mentor, in communication with the team, the league and the players is very exciting. To be around the guys and back in the mix is just a thrill."

Pressley is still learning his own role, and he said he'll travel to New York next week to meet with league officials for more formal training. He will travel with the team often, but not for all the road games.

"There's so much to learn," he said. "It's going to take a while to get adjusted to it. The league itself is still trying to develop the position."

Fan feedback -- Before the Kings faced the Clippers, team co-owners Joe and Gavin Maloof addressed some 400 season-ticket holders under a question-and-answer format at the team's practice facility.

Among the fans, Judy Mangrum asked a question regarding Eric Musselman. The Kings coach, who was ordered to serve 48 hours of community service for his driving-under-the-influence conviction in October, instead served two days of home detention after citing health concerns.

While the nature of his problem was not disclosed and Musselman would not comment at the time, Joe Maloof said he had no more answers than anyone else.

"I have the same questions you have," Joe Maloof said. "I haven't spoken to him about it. If he needed to do the community service, then he should have. I don't know why he didn't, but he should have."

When Gavin Maloof was asked about the team's future in Sacramento and the status of an arena plan, he said NBA Commissioner David Stern -- who assumed control of the negotiations and planning -- had given a timeline of sorts.

Gavin Maloof said they expect to have a plan for the arena by the beginning of next season and added they are confident a deal will be accomplished.

"We'd be fools to leave this market," Gavin Maloof said. "I don't want to leave."

http://www.sacbee.com/100/story/147398.html

Targus™ 03-31-2007 08:10 PM

Re: Good news from the Maloofs/bee!

nice. but it's not like we haven't heard this before. but hey, progress is progress. at first i thought the good news was musselman forgetting to do his community service, only makes his chances of being gone greater :)

Targus™ 03-31-2007 10:22 PM

talk is cheap let's see something get done!

Perezident 04-01-2007 04:36 PM

really dnt particularly care for this article.....what this article should be saying is kings fans expect major changes this offseason... :banghead:...
i cant believe we suuuck this much

bigboi_baller 04-01-2007 05:36 PM

I ran into muss the other day at the barber, they guy looks like he's a bum. He was wearing some really cheap looking clothes; nevertheless, the guy was a real jerk. Like he was too good to even have a conversation with me.

Targus™ 04-01-2007 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
I ran into muss the other day at the barber, they guy looks like he's a bum. He was wearing some really cheap looking clothes; nevertheless, the guy was a real jerk. Like he was too good to even have a conversation with me.

you should be the one too good to have a conversation with him. If i were you, I would've asked that douche bag if he had already packed his bags for the offseason.

BradMiller52 04-01-2007 07:26 PM

Quote:

He wouldn't even talk to you? So much for "we want a guy who will come out here and be real friendly with the community"

FIRE THAT MOTHER ****ER!!!!!!:D

Perezident 04-03-2007 12:54 AM

Quote:

lol lmao!! wow!..what a loser...i bet if he was winning games...u couldnt have gotten him off your shaft bro lol....i was all for giving him a chance but phuck that guy men....
We need a real coach lol that guy still has THIRD assistant coach written all over his phuckin face

Targus™ 04-03-2007 01:01 AM

I reccomend the Maloofs choose the coach who brings the sh*ttiest power point presentation.