Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Maybe we can get this guy back (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3617)

traditionone 07-01-2006 12:07 AM

Maybe we can get this guy back

Derek Fisher. He has 4 years left on the MLE contract he signed with Golden State. If Banks really wants 5 years at the full MLE, should we consider calling Golden State and inquiring about getting Fisher back. He is the type of point guard we need and he has won 3 championships for us. If Banks is not the answer because of his contract demands and Cassell signs elsewhere, should Fisher be Plan C?

SoCalMike 07-01-2006 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traditionone
Derek Fisher. He has 4 years left on the MLE contract he signed with Golden State. If Banks really wants 5 years at the full MLE, should we consider calling Golden State and inquiring about getting Fisher back. He is the type of point guard we need and he has won 3 championships for us. If Banks is not the answer because of his contract demands and Cassell signs elsewhere, should Fisher be Plan C?

Sorry, Fish is not the answer. While I have always liked Fish, and he's got character, he's not a starter. We already have backup guards, including Smush and Sasha, so sorry, unless he's really cheap, there's no way we go for him.

Just my humble opinion...

Spiderman08 24 07-01-2006 03:59 AM

:banghead:

lakerfreak 07-01-2006 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Sorry, Fish is not the answer. While I have always liked Fish, and he's got character, he's not a starter. We already have backup guards, including Smush and Sasha, so sorry, unless he's really cheap, there's no way we go for him.

Just my humble opinion...

Not a starter??

I can't believe you said that....come on man your better than that

hotsizzle 07-01-2006 05:29 AM

Fish is a starter but the triangle is most effective with a bigger guards. but hey, it wouldnt be bad to have him if we fail gettin banks or cassell

SoCalMike 07-01-2006 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Not a starter??

I can't believe you said that....come on man your better than that

With all due respect, I stand by my original comment. I don't think he is good enough to be an 80-game starter for a championship caliber team at this point in his career.

So, if you want to be Golden State, then fine, he's your man. He would be a good addition to add depth to the team, but we need a true starting guard who can play effective defense.

I'd rather invest in Harrington!

Remember, this is all my opinion, so we can agree to disagree! :)

kobe92 07-01-2006 02:00 PM

I think Fish is the kind of veteran pg that they need. he can also add scoring.

SoCalMike 07-01-2006 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobe92
I think Fish is the kind of veteran pg that they need. he can also add scoring.

I agree he could make a good complimentary piece with his veteran experience (which is what they had hoped for from McKee), however, I still think we need a good starting and defensive oriented guard. Especially in the Western Conference.

Fish has lost a step due to injuries, and the Lakers really dont need a scorer at that position.

So, if we could get him cheap, I would definitely take him. But I would NOT take him for the MLE... NO WAY!

lakerfreak 07-02-2006 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I agree he could make a good complimentary piece with his veteran experience (which is what they had hoped for from McKee), however, I still think we need a good starting and defensive oriented guard. Especially in the Western Conference.

Fish has lost a step due to injuries, and the Lakers really dont need a scorer at that position.

So, if we could get him cheap, I would definitely take him. But I would NOT take him for the MLE... NO WAY!

I dont get how u can say he aint a starter...he started on championships for our team...he has the experience...he can handle the pressure...u still think he aint a starter?

SoCalMike 07-02-2006 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I dont get how u can say he aint a starter...he started on championships for our team...he has the experience...he can handle the pressure...u still think he aint a starter?

You are speaking of the past my friend. He is not a starter. I don't think he even started in Golden State (unless it was due to another player's injury).

He is older and he has had some injuries that have made him lose a step defensively. As I said before, the Lakers need a defensive minded point guard and D. Fish is no longer it.

I also said he would be a nice addition as a veteran guard to give us 15, maybe 20 minutes a game. He has always been good coming off the bench!

lakerfreak 07-02-2006 08:32 PM

he lost his starting job after baron davis came.

but w/e i dont expect fish to be back n e time soon unless its for a future laker reunion with Kobe present and Shaq absent due to personal reasons (hates kobe)