Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Truman Show (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36272)

j Fresh 04-04-2007 08:21 PM

The Truman Show

Did you ever see the movie called "The Truman Show" starring Jim Carey? It's an old movie (90s), but it's kind of an interesting thing to think about.

In this movie, "Jim Carey has been broadcast around the world with tremendous success since the day he was born. A star for the mere fact that he exists, Truman has no idea that there are cameras in every corner of his world."

So in other words, he thinks his life is normal and he just goes on about living, but it's actually a reality soap opera and everything he knows and loves is all fake. Everyone around him are actors, and people just watch him on TV. His world is in a big studio that's been programed to make sunlight and and nighttime in his world and what not.

The funny thing is that he starts catching up on these things, because everyday is like a repeat of the last, and it's funny.

What if this happend to you? What if you were a star of a reality show you never knew existed and there were hidden cameras everywhere you went? Freaky stuff huh? In the movie Jim Carey finds out about this when he's around 32, and he falls in love with a girl who he's not scripted to love, and she wants to tell him the truth so they send her away. Even his best friend was an actor.

Weird huh? :rolleyes:

Randy 04-04-2007 08:32 PM

Re: The Truman Show

This was a great movie, but how in the hell can you refer to a movie from 1998 as old? Overstatement of the century.

The whole ideology of The Truman Show was how ridiculous our media coverage has become. We have the morons who watch MTV and read celebrity gossip magazines to blame for this, fat ass Anna Nicole dying was getting more press and attention than American soldiers losing their lives.

j Fresh 04-04-2007 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy
This was a great movie, but how in the hell can you refer to a movie from 1998 as old? Overstatement of the century.

The whole ideology of The Truman Show was how ridiculous our media coverage has become. We have the morons who watch MTV and read celebrity gossip magazines to blame for this, fat ass Anna Nicole dying was getting more press and attention than American soldiers losing their lives.

oh my fault. I wasn't sure when it was out I thought it was like in 92 or something but yeah the media has people going nuts huh?

j Fresh 04-04-2007 11:39 PM

funny movie though

Bourne 04-04-2007 11:49 PM

It is a great movie. I only wish he clued in to what was going on in a more clever way.

If that happened to me, I'd wonder whether the behaviour of the people around me was the same as those in REAL life. Then I'd bang hot chicks and go on a murderous crusade against the directors. Who could blame you?

Then they could make a movie about my crusade :D