Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Phoenix Suns Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   back up for nash, who's it gonna be? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3675)

sunsfan8406 07-01-2006 03:09 PM

back up for nash, who's it gonna be?

I am happy we traded both of our draft picks away to free up some cap space, as long as we resign T2 and go after a veteran point to back up Nash.
What point guard would be the best fit for PHX? Bobby Jackson or Lyndsey Hunter? I personally, think that we should sign Lyndsey Hunter, because he is better defensively...what do you guys think?

dmenzion 07-01-2006 03:43 PM

Bobby Jackson/Lindsay Hunter

i say bobby jackson, lindsay is good, but bobby will fit the best, he can be a dynamic scorer when givin the oppurtunity and hey what place could be better than phoenix, home of the run and gun offense.

The Italian 07-01-2006 03:57 PM

I say that Bobby Jackson would be a better fit. He can be a dynamic scorer and when Nash goes off he can get people some shots. Hunter would be good to but I think that Jackson would be a better fit.

BlackVVaves 07-01-2006 04:52 PM

BJ

PP34Deuce 07-01-2006 07:01 PM

Jay Williams i think would b a good pickup, hes willing to take the minimum, and i can assure u hes a better PG then eddie house ever was and i heard he has a very nice 3 point stroke now.

Speedy Claxton- Perfect guy for this system,fast,athletic,decent shooter,good distributor.

Alex Garcia-would work in this system,good shooter.

sixty 07-02-2006 05:01 AM

Jay Williams or Bobby Jackson.

PP34Deuce 07-02-2006 11:05 PM

Jay williams has the perfect situation if he went to PHOENIX....

HE has guys that can finish,shooters,wen he subs for nash he will have Diaw,amare,and marion ins purts.

hes the perfect backup right now. and so what if he cant dunk like he used to, He always was 50 50 in athletiscm and skill.

A Roc 23 07-03-2006 01:49 AM

Sign Williams or Hunter.
+
Sign Matt Hapring
=
The title still coming to PHX.

sixty 07-03-2006 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Roc 23
Sign Williams or Hunter.
+
Sign Matt Hapring
=
The title still coming to PHX.

In this case IMO have still some money so spare.... I don't know about Harping :confusedshrug: .

PHXsunsROCK1105 07-03-2006 11:57 AM

Bobby J.

sixty 07-03-2006 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHXsunsROCK1105
Bobby J.

Bobby is not available, Hornets snached him. :mad:

jc123 07-03-2006 12:19 PM

Bobby Jackson is goin to the hornets, pick up Speedy Claxton!!!!!!!!!

sixty 07-03-2006 12:43 PM

Claxton is to expensive.

The Suns should use the MLE (what's left of it) on a PF/SF.

So IMO thats what's left for the Suns and very interesting:

Jay Williams
Jannero Pargo
Lindsey Hunter

I would like Jannero or Lindsey, Jay is a little bit risky.

Rab 07-03-2006 04:44 PM

I'd be willing to give Jay a shot, but we won't offer him the money he probably wants.

I would really like them to go after Harpring. He's a good defender, shooter, and he can play the 2 or 3. This would allow Barbosa to go over to the point more if that is what D'Antoni is wanting to do with him. Only question is his health. He always has some kind of injury it seems.

I wish we could get Speedy, but his price tag is too high.

sixty 07-04-2006 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rab
I'd be willing to give Jay a shot, but we won't offer him the money he probably wants.

I would really like them to go after Harpring. He's a good defender, shooter, and he can play the 2 or 3. This would allow Barbosa to go over to the point more if that is what D'Antoni is wanting to do with him. Only question is his health. He always has some kind of injury it seems.

I wish we could get Speedy, but his price tag is too high.

Do you think Harpings health would hold up? I got a bad feeling he would end up like Kurt did last year...

BTW: Great posting from you Rab.