Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miami Heat Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Which free agents would be good for the Heat? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3683)

ConanRulesNBC 07-01-2006 04:04 PM

Which free agents would be good for the Heat?

What do you think of Al Harrington and Peja signing?

Jason Williams
Dwyane Wade
Peja
Al Harrington
Shaq

with Alonzo Mourning, Antoine Walker and Udonis Haslem coming off the bench

Would that team be better or worse than it is now?

ATX Baller 07-01-2006 11:19 PM

Now that a pipe dream.....how about this.

While I like peja ability to strech the D and Al Harrington is a great talent. Peja is can only shoot. id the 3 isn't falling he's of no help. Al Harrington would be great but he won't take the mid level exception and who would Miami give up to get him? a more realistic choice would be Matt Harpring. he plays the 3 & 4, play D and understands how to move without the ball to get open shot. he rebounds well and he'd sign for the mid-level exception.

HALLandOATES 07-02-2006 03:41 AM

Uhhhhh adding to almost All-stars will most def. make us a better team. Chemistry of course still matters but with all that talent you would hope they could put together a good record. Peja hitting shots or not hitting shots would spread the D, we really dont need him because he would take the ball out of Wades hands because he likes to have his shots, Posey fits perfect with us.

That cant happen now because Peja has signed with No/Ok and it is rumored that Al is going to the Lakers. I'm not expecting Miami to get anyone big this offseason. There roster right now is fine . A few tweeks is all we really need.

dtheck 07-03-2006 12:18 AM

I don't think we're gonna look for another power forward... i see Haslem having an even bigger year next year and I think Riley and the organization are really happy with how he has been playing.

KnicksFan4Life 07-03-2006 01:37 AM

I don't know if you guys can afford what Peja wants, but Harrington would be a good addition to your team

New Jazzy Nets 07-03-2006 07:15 AM

To the person that posted this. Where are you planning on pulling this money out of to get peja and harrington? Maybe if you cut shaq, walker, posey. Then maybe you can sign these two guys

theinfamousmobb 07-03-2006 01:04 PM

Keep the team as it is

BFRESH44 07-03-2006 01:20 PM

I just scratch my head on how so many people just completly never acknowledge the salary cap and the CBA.

G.O.P 07-05-2006 10:02 PM

I'd take Harrington over Peja, let Peja be w/ NO/OK ... they can use him more than we can.

KnicksFan4Life 07-06-2006 10:39 AM

If Zo retires you should definitly try to get Al Harrington

traditionone 07-06-2006 01:47 PM

The Heat could always give Dorrell Wright playing time. He has the athleticism Miami needs on the perimeter.

Miami could use a young, defensive minded point guard like Marcus Banks.

Unt0uchabl3 07-07-2006 02:00 PM

How about penny hardaway?

G.O.P 07-07-2006 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unt0uchabl3
How about penny hardaway?

Pennys been a favorite of mine back in his days w/ Orlando, and even in the beginning years of Phoenix, but watchin Penny play may be as hurtful and disturbing as watching G.P. play at this day in age. Point i'm tryna make is, he ain't got it anymore. Its sad, but its the truth. If bringin a former star back was an option Miami wanted to make, I'd rather see Timmy come back for a year, and even that wouldn't be to pretty.

AndDru1 07-07-2006 04:26 PM

Lebron

Lebron...

Wade871 07-15-2006 11:02 AM

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: What i was thinking is Having the heat have a trade with Denver and return have KENYON MARTIN. Just think him Dwade and shaq side by side all power dunkers. And Martin some people dount him about his ability now but i know K-mat will show them wrong.. So We need K-Marin he has the defiense and the shot and when matin sometimes dunks on someone he will do this for sure:no: :no: :no: