Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Clippers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Tim Thomas To Sign with Clippers (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3693)

NBAfan32 07-01-2006 06:32 PM

Tim Thomas to the Clippers?

Quote:

Jumping at an opportunity to stay home in Los Angeles and grab and longer term deal for more money, NBA sources confirmed Saturday that Thomas will sign with the Clippers for four years at the mid-level exception, a deal that will be worth as much as $24 million.

LINK here

Kinda surprised since i thought that the Suns really wanted to keep him and he was a major part of their success in the playoff run. Also, didnt Cassell and Thomas had a bad history during their time with the Bucks?

KnicksFan4Life 07-01-2006 06:33 PM

Yeah, they did have a bad history, but I don't think Cassell is going to resign with the Clippers

Jerm 07-01-2006 06:35 PM

Quote:

Jumping at an opportunity to stay home in Los Angeles and grab and longer term deal for more money, NBA sources confirmed Saturday that Thomas will sign with the Clippers for four years at the mid-level exception, a deal that will be worth as much as $24 million

Stay home in Los Angeles?...Isn't Thomas from New Jersey?...I smell shenenigans.

NBAfan32 07-01-2006 06:36 PM

Cant blame the Clippers if they decide not to resign Cassell cause of his age and because Sterling's cheap. I dont think Livingston ready to start at PG either. Cassell should stay in LA but this time with the Lakers.

KnicksFan4Life 07-01-2006 06:38 PM

Cassell seems to move around a lot. I guess he likes going to bad teams and helping them make the playoffs and do well

fatboy11 07-01-2006 06:56 PM

"Tim Thomas shuns Suns to stay with the Clippers"?

He was never with them.

Who the fucck wrote that article?

That is horribly inaccurate on a couple levels.

HALLandOATES 07-01-2006 06:58 PM

Quote:

Thomas will sign with the Clippers for four years at the mid-level exception, a deal that will be worth as much as $24 million.

How old is thomas? I dont really think he is worth that much but hey i've seen worse deals.

SupermanOnSteroids 07-01-2006 06:59 PM

Now that he has his contract, he'll sink back to being his old self.

artificial 07-01-2006 07:00 PM

i really hope the clippers dont get him. they had nice chemistry going on, and thomas could bring that down.

fatboy11 07-01-2006 07:00 PM

Why does everyone in this thread think this is legit?

For one, it says he is going to "stay with" a team he's never played for. Two, he's from New Jersey and it says he wants to stay close to home in LA.

You guys are brain dead.

boshraptor4life 07-01-2006 07:03 PM

I'm assuming he'd be a bench player in LA, he needs minutes to thrive, and a team that runs.

datdude 07-01-2006 07:03 PM

they would be crazy not to sign cassell, brought the clippers to new heights and got the players to play at a high level. As for thomas, they should have never signed that bum. He plays well EVERY contract year and then he resorts back to his lazy ways

HALLandOATES 07-01-2006 07:04 PM

Quote:

NBA sources confirmed Saturday that Thomas will sign with the Clippers for four years at the mid-level exception

Thats why I believed it, maybe its not true but I tend to believe stuff that is posted here. Maybe I'm stupid for doing that but I trust must everyone here post legit stuff

joe lucky 07-01-2006 07:04 PM

have him

Quote:

Originally Posted by artificial
i really hope the clippers dont get him. they had nice chemistry going on, and thomas could bring that down.

well they have him and unfortunately the Clippers will have to experience the Jerome James syndrome firsthand. Does this mean that Radmonavic is out? It would be quite entertaining to see TT and his Euro counterpart Radman out on the floor together at the same time. Absolutely no rebounding and lots of spotting up behind the 3 pt line. :banana:

boshraptor4life 07-01-2006 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatboy11
Dude.

It's from the same newspaper with inaccurate facts.

Good God.

yeah, I actually just noticed that, my bad.