Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boston Celtics Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Celtics line-up next season... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3719)

wally_world 07-01-2006 11:54 PM

Celtics line-up next season...

C-Jones, Kandi, Ratliff (who's gonna start???!!!)
PF-Jefferson, Grant
SF-Wally, Green
SG-PP, Tony Allen, Rondo
PG-Telfair, Delonte

nice 1-3, with back-ups... but will really need to work on their big men to win... i don't know much of Jones... can someone give me his stats or strengths... Jefferson is great... Brian Grant can be a wildcard if he can regain his playing styles years ago in Miami... loved him then...

wally_world 07-01-2006 11:54 PM

oh yeah... and Ratliff is severly overpaid... pls retire so it will do good for both him and the team...

Put Back Dunk 07-02-2006 12:13 AM

You forgot about Perkins, and Kandi's a free agent. He would probably have to pay Danny to be on the team next year.

XxNeXuSxX 07-02-2006 12:39 AM

Yeah....

Wrong. because:
  • Kandi is a free agent
  • Grant isn't going to the Celtics, just one year of his salary
  • You forgot Gomes
  • You forgot Perkins
  • This could all change if the AI deal goes through by next week.

bk15 07-02-2006 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wally_world
Brian Grant can be a wildcard if he can regain his playing styles years ago in Miami... loved him then...

arent you talkin bout portland

Real Men Wear Green 07-02-2006 10:41 AM

More likely:
PG-Delonte and Sebas, according to Doc, will battle for the starter's job. Rajon's thrid-string.
SG-P, Tony, Delonte
SF-Wally, P, Gerald
PF-Al, Ryan, Leon, Scal
C-Perk, Ratliff, Al, Dwayne

PoisonousDart 07-02-2006 02:20 PM

Huh?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
More likely:
PG-Delonte and Sebas, according to Doc, will battle for the starter's job. Rajon's thrid-string.
SG-P, Tony, Delonte
SF-Wally, P, Gerald
PF-Al, Ryan, Leon, Scal
C-Perk, Ratliff, Al, Dwayne

More than likely, Wally will be traded away if they use a third team to do this deal. Wait until AFTER the deal goes through after the 12th and do stuff like this. One.

Real Men Wear Green 07-02-2006 02:57 PM

I don't see what's wrong with projecting the line-up. Especially seeing as there may be no deal at all. In reality most rumors, no matter how wide-spread, never come to fruition. And we're just fans taking a guess at what the team will look like. Don't see what's wrong with that.

sixerfan3511 07-02-2006 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
Yeah....

Wrong. because:
  • Kandi is a free agent
  • Grant isn't going to the Celtics, just one year of his salary
  • You forgot Gomes
  • You forgot Perkins
  • This could all change if the AI deal goes through by next week.

grant is on ur team, its not jus his salary.

Real Men Wear Green 07-02-2006 07:26 PM

No, it's just his salary. He himself won't be a Celtic. The deal for the pick that was used on Rondo is the team assuming responsibility for paying him a million.

funky2dope 07-03-2006 02:39 AM

I think Brian Grant, if healthy, would've brought some solid backup minutes for the frontline. Experience, toughness, etc for Perkings and Jefferson to feed off. I have heard the same, that he won't actually make it to Boston. Shame.

Patches O'Houlihan 07-03-2006 03:21 PM

That's what Ratliff is for.

funky2dope 07-03-2006 08:50 PM

I think we should start Ratliff and milk what ever we can out of him. I'm confident he can still make a strong impact defensively and has the experience that Perk is still gaining. I'm not saying at the expense of a majority of Perk's minutes, but as a tandem to aid with Perk's development. We want Jefferson and Perkins to mature and improve, and using Ratliff extensively to lessen the pressure on the two youn-uns to anchor the interior would be a smart move.

Grant would be good as a 4th string big guy.

Patches O'Houlihan 07-04-2006 12:42 AM

We need to start Al and Perk. What kind of message are we sending these guys if we keep them on the bench. I understand they're young, but I've think they've paid their dues and it's time for them to start. Ratliff will have plenty of time to work with them in practice and whatnot, and I'm hoping he takes Perkins under his wing and teaches him how to be an enforcer in the paint(Sorta like Ratliff used to be, but Perk has the better size/body).

They've spent enough time sitting on the bench watching the likes of Raef Lafrentz and Mark Blount stink it up on the court. Hopefully they can stay outta foul trouble.

Snoopy 07-04-2006 03:03 AM

exactly, perk and al need to start to get a little confidence, al needs to start getting his double doubles and perk will be solid as a starter as well, ratliff will be useful off the bench but NOT as a starter, wally should be moved, if the AI deal doesnt happen then he will be traded for someone else. one.