Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   OT: Rapper Romeo Signs With USC Trojans (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37352)

LALakerFan4Life 04-13-2007 08:54 PM

OT: Rapper Romeo Signs With USC Trojans

Quote:

Rapper Percy "Romeo" Miller has officially signed on as a member of the 2008 Universities of Southern California Trojans basketball team.

Romeo, a 5'11 All-American point guard at Beverly Hill High School, will put all of his film and TV roles on hold, while he attends USC and earns his degree in business administration.

According to representatives for Romeo, he is is the first nationally known active Hip-Hop star to receive a full athletic scholarship.

Romeo's brother Vercy Miller is also signing with the Trojans, as well as standout shooting guard DeMar DeRozan of Compton High School.

Romeo starred in the hit sitcom Romeo! and has sold millions of records throughout his recording and television career, which is overseen by his father, mogul/entrepreneur Percy "Master P." Miller.
http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=6935

I wonder if Romeo is any better than his pops Master P. Now USC has O.J. Mayo and Romeo. USC is gonna be the 2008 NCAA Champions!

GoRapz 04-13-2007 08:56 PM

Re: OT: Rapper Romeo Signs With USC Trojans

This will be really interesting.

Top_Of_Tha_World 04-13-2007 08:56 PM

Say word. Is Romeo good enough to start?

statman32 04-13-2007 09:01 PM

I doubt he is good enough to start as a frosh.

Cool 04-13-2007 09:01 PM

I have seen Romeo play, on this one show, and he is pretty good I think College could refine his game and he could maybe go pro, I definetly want to see how this plays out.

raiderfan19 04-13-2007 09:01 PM

why would they need to waste a scholarship on him? would seem like he could pay for himself to go so they could save the scholarship... ah well no biggie.

Jailblazers7 04-13-2007 09:02 PM

Isnt he like a soph more junior in high school?

statman32 04-13-2007 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderfan19
why would they need to waste a scholarship on him? would seem like he could pay for himself to go so they could save the scholarship... ah well no biggie.

I agree. I cant see him staying all 4 years either and that could screw up USCs program

GoRapz 04-13-2007 09:05 PM

Doesn't matter if Romeo already has money.

It's a gesture to show that they want him and they think he's good.

DCL 04-13-2007 09:07 PM

damn, usc??? thought his game was just whatevers... like only good enough for mtv rock and jock jam entertainment or whatever, but actual D1 ball? now i'm curious to know what game does he really got.

so what were his numbers and w/l record in high school?

jn2rons 04-13-2007 09:23 PM

19pts, 5asst, 2 stls

Team only went 14-13 though. This was his 1st year at the school.

tmacman 04-13-2007 09:36 PM

USC's tearin' it up next year.. How old's this guy? 18?

i seen hippos 04-13-2007 09:49 PM

He could start depending on who else they recruit. All the big names they have now and are coming in for next year (Mayo) should be gone when he arrives.

Jailblazers7 04-13-2007 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i seen hippos
He could start depending on who else they recruit. All the big names they have now and are coming in for next year (Mayo) should be gone when he arrives.

Brandon Jennings is going to USC too so he will take Mayo's place.

DCL 04-13-2007 10:04 PM

anyone got footage of him? i had no idea he was legit. i thought they were just talking about him because he was good for a "celebrity," but damn, if usc signed him, then obviously his game is better than what i believed.