Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dallas Mavericks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Anyone here think that the Mav's WONT win the 1st Round Series against the Warriors? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38176)

MagicToWorthy 04-19-2007 06:13 PM

Anyone here think that the Mav's WONT win the 1st Round Series against the Warriors?

I for one think that 1) Since the Mav's lost the season series 3-0 to the Warriors and 2) Since the Warriors match up well with the Mav's athletically that...

Your precious Mav's better take this series SERIOUSLY or you might find yourselves where the '93 Sonics were after they lost to the Dikembe led Nuggets.

I just wanted to be the first one on here to start this thread because I really think that Diop and Dampier aren't going to do much for your guys this series.

Any thoughts mavs fans?:confusedshrug: On your chances against Golden State and your former coach Nellie. He helped put your existing team together you know....:eek:

-primetime- 04-19-2007 06:57 PM

Re: Anyone here think that the Mav's WONT win the 1st Round Series against the Warriors?

you are right about Diop and Damp...

that being said...

Mavs in 4

Silent Mav 04-19-2007 07:04 PM

Re: Anyone here think that the Mav's WONT win the 1st Round Series against the Warriors?

I think that the Mavs will take the Warriors very serious. From Avery on down to each player. They will be focused on the task at hand.

There is a chance that Damp and Diop are non-factors. But at the same time, if the Mavs make sure not to lapse into the Warriors game, and run their offense on their end. Then Damp and Diop could make the Warriors pay on the offensive boards. If nothing else, if they can battle for the boards it could help a bit on the Warriors leaking a man out.

About the only person on the team that Nellie really has any claim to is Dirk. Yes, he was there when Devin was drafted and they got Terry. But he was so heart broken about losing Nash that his heart wasn't into it. They were coached more by Avery than Nellie. Nellie didn't even finish out the season with them. Josh was in his 2nd year, Nellie had him out there for defense, didn't really work with him or run plays for him.

kentatm 04-20-2007 12:54 AM

Re: Anyone here think that the Mav's WONT win the 1st Round Series against the Warrio

Mavs 4-2 in a tough series.

sunsruleoveryou 04-20-2007 11:01 AM

Re: Anyone here think that the Mav's WONT win the 1st Round Series against the Warrio

Warriors in 7

BigAl 04-20-2007 02:30 PM

Never let regular season series' sway your postseason predictions.

Case in point, the Finals last year. The Mavs blasted the Heat in the regular season.

Mavs 4-2

nbapoints 04-20-2007 04:34 PM

Warriors in 6! The defense will be the difference. They are swarming like nobody else in the league. League leaders in steals and third in blocks.

different107 04-20-2007 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbapoints
Warriors in 6!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Try Mavs in 6. Dallas is going to be very focused.

lorenzo 04-22-2007 04:54 PM

I think dallas will win the series. GS will have to shoot lights out every game for them to win. Dallas needs to control the tempo with diop and dampier on the court. If they can.....they can win the series in less than 6. A dallas sweep is not out of the question.

JMEWLS 04-23-2007 07:40 AM

1-0

first round upset?

BigAl 04-23-2007 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMEWLS
1-0

first round upset?

nope

different107 04-23-2007 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMEWLS
1-0

first round upset?

Not at all. Dallas played HORRIBLE last night. The loss was a good gut check for them.

Mavs4ever 04-23-2007 03:03 PM

1-0. not pressing the panick button yet... :eek:

unknownsidhu 04-23-2007 04:14 PM

:mad: :banghead: :no: :cry: :(

cinemablend.com 04-25-2007 06:57 PM

I think they are in serious jeopardy.

If they lose tonight, I'm hopping on the full blown panic wagon. If they lose tonight, I think they have NO shot of winning the series.