Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Atlanta Hawks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Hawks sign Speedy (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3886)

AtlHawks 07-03-2006 05:12 PM

Hawks sign Speedy

:rockon:

Finally a PG for the Hawks. This should make JJ,Smoove,Marvin,Chill all very happy.

frankthetank966 07-03-2006 06:03 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2508532

I am very happy with the Hawks desire to sign a FA point guard so quickly. They tried to sign Cassel to a two-year $15 million however he agreeded to stay in LA and signed a two-year $13 million. Signing Speedy not makes me happy because they took care of a need they needed to adress but it also shows me that they have become serious about building a team for the present and future. Hopefully the Hawks will be able to sign another big man such as big ben

AtlHawks 07-03-2006 06:56 PM

How about BK make up for the mistake he made in not matching the offer for Pryz. If getting Pryz at a reasonable contract can be had. Then I am all for it. Nothing too expensive. If Nene can get $60 Mil for laying on his bed. Then Pryz might get the same deal.

hawks4life 07-03-2006 08:37 PM

good news

KnicksFan4Life 07-03-2006 10:42 PM

good pick up for you guys

frankthetank966 07-04-2006 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlHawks
How about BK make up for the mistake he made in not matching the offer for Pryz. If getting Pryz at a reasonable contract can be had. Then I am all for it. Nothing too expensive. If Nene can get $60 Mil for laying on his bed. Then Pryz might get the same deal.

Who is Pryz? Joel Przybilla? He is not that great. I am happier playing Zaza and Shelden over him

albertpujols 07-04-2006 01:47 AM

Nice.

But more interesting is the fact that is first name is "Speedy". He is very quick, arguably one of the quickest of guards around.

Strange considence indeed.

hawkfan 07-04-2006 06:13 AM

Good move for the Hawks.

BK is in survival mode, so he drafts Sheldon Williams and signs Speedy Claxton.

I wish that he had traded for Marcus Williams; with Speedy and Marcus, the Hawks would have a good duo at point guard.

I hope the Hawks can get something good in return for Al Harrington. Tinsley in a sign and trade with Indiana would be another nice move, giving the Hawks depth at point guard.

T21 07-04-2006 08:16 AM

Finally! Now we are just one piece away from completing a puzzle! I believe that Speedy is very compatible with our team and he's always been underestimated.
It would be great if we could get someone like Chandler via s&t (involving Al) or Pryz... However, we could easily end up with one of the Pacers' big men, because they are very interested in getting Al back...
It's great to finally see things shaping up after so long...

hawkfan 07-04-2006 09:47 AM

Hopefully the Hawks get Tinsley, which I think may happen.

Harrington wants to go to Indiana; the Pacers want to get rid of Tinsley; the Hawks could use another point guard.

I think the Hawks are out of the running for one of the top centers, but maybe they can sign a Kelvin Cato or Scot Pollard as a back up at a reduced rate.

frankthetank966 07-04-2006 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkfan
Hopefully the Hawks get Tinsley, which I think may happen.

Harrington wants to go to Indiana; the Pacers want to get rid of Tinsley; the Hawks could use another point guard.

I think the Hawks are out of the running for one of the top centers, but maybe they can sign a Kelvin Cato or Scot Pollard as a back up at a reduced rate.

IMO Kelvin Cato and Pollard would not be that big of an improvement over Zaza. Plus if we were to do a sign-trade with Harrington, hopefully we would get a player with more talent than Pollard or Cato. Lastly those players dont fit in with the athletic, fast, and hard working mentallity the Hawks are trying to build. I could see us getting Dalemberet or Chandler from CHI.

ZHAKIDD532 07-04-2006 11:36 AM

so did he just find himself a starting job...

SecondFiddle 07-04-2006 01:54 PM

Is speedy claxton a starter, and is he woorth 25 million.