Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Penny Hardway at Point guard (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3918)

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 07-03-2006 08:48 PM

Penny Hardway at Point guard
 
Guys ,
what do you think of this guy as our point guard.....he is coming back from injury and he has a lot to prove...same time can give our young pg's some valuable lessons...wont cost much either.....your views?

SoCalMike 07-03-2006 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
Guys ,
what do you think of this guy as our point guard.....he is coming back from injury and he has a lot to prove...same time can give our young pg's some valuable lessons...wont cost much either.....your views?


I am not sure he can even keep up with some of the slower guards out there...

What is he doing now?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 07-03-2006 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I am not sure he can even keep up with some of the slower guards out there...

What is he doing now?


he is recovering from injury and now perfectly fit i guess....he is now trying to get back....so maybe thats good for us....

LakerzFan4Life 07-04-2006 09:03 AM

NOOOOOOOOOO :hammerhead:

SoCalMike 07-04-2006 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
he is recovering from injury and now perfectly fit i guess....he is now trying to get back....so maybe thats good for us....


Being fit and losing a step or three are two different things. He has to have NBA quickness in order to be of any value to the Lakers.

Greg Anthony 07-04-2006 12:31 PM

Shaq would really hate us then we would have a backcourt with shaq's two hated rivals.:applause:

I think if penny can play on the level he did with phoenix he would be a solid player for less than a million and if he doesn't work cut him. and we need a rebounder.

joe lucky 07-04-2006 12:33 PM

sorry man...Penny? you have to be kidding right? Guy probably will get waived or something by Orlando..face it he's done :violin:

sixty 07-04-2006 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Anthony
I think if penny can play on the level he did with phoenix he would be a solid player for less than a million and if he doesn't work cut him. and we need a rebounder.


Veterans minimum is more than one million.

ZeN 07-05-2006 12:03 AM

A million
 
A million for broke down penny.. would be a million too much.. :ohwell:

lakerfreak 07-05-2006 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Anthony
Shaq would really hate us then we would have a backcourt with shaq's two hated rivals.:applause:

I think if penny can play on the level he did with phoenix he would be a solid player for less than a million and if he doesn't work cut him. and we need a rebounder.


This is actually true because the reason shaq left orlando for us was because they didnt want to pay him more money than hardaway

that would be hella funny. we should sign him to make shaq hate us more

Dat1 07-05-2006 09:34 PM

i dont think that would be good cause he to old. it would be like getting karl malone again for one year

lakerfreak 07-06-2006 02:58 AM

well karl would contribute better than penny but thats besides the point.

Speaking of point why do we always limit our choices to point gaurds when we could get a shooting gaurd that can dribble defend and pass.

Some one very unexpected....tony allen from the celtics lets say

what would u guys think?

albertpujols 07-06-2006 03:08 AM

I thought he retired long time ago still lol.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy