Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   WNBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Should Violette Palmer be an NBA official? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39359)

Done_And_Done 04-29-2007 06:15 AM

Should Violette Palmer be an NBA official?

Do you feel she exudes all the proper credentials to be an official on the biggest stage the sport of basketball has to offer or do you feel that shes
only employed because its great publicity for the NBA from a buisness standpoint BUT in truth shes really taking the job from more qualified individual just because shes a woman?

Lets be real for a sec...

Cool 04-29-2007 04:46 PM

Re: Should Violette Palmer be an NBA official?

I think she should be a WNBA official, but not an NBA official.

Done_And_Done 04-29-2007 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool
I think she should be a WNBA official, but not an NBA official.

Why Cool? :D

Cool 04-30-2007 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
Why Cool? :D

Because she is not a great NBA ref, but I feel she could be a great WNBA ref. IMO she just doesnt seem to understand whats a foul and whats not a foul in the NBA. I dont know why but I think she would just excel in the WNBA.:D

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 05-02-2007 03:29 PM

because idiots and ignoramuses think she is a soft contact ref because she is a woman.

one of the Celtic's homer announcers once criticized one of her foul calls on Pierce by telling her to go home and make him some bacon and grits in the kitchen.

Done_And_Done 05-04-2007 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
because idiots and ignoramuses think she is a soft contact ref because she is a woman.

one of the Celtic's homer announcers once criticized one of her foul calls on Pierce by telling her to go home and make him some bacon and grits in the kitchen.

Yea I think that happened earlier this year if im not correct...
Comments like that only set the female gender back 100 years man..

Jkidd#1PG 05-04-2007 04:01 PM

Does anyone have any evidence as to the level of her officiating which is not based on either viewing her sporadically during the season or using some other anecdotal form of critique?

IBLEEDGREEN43 05-19-2007 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork

psh, dont bash cedric maxwell, ever. the dude was a nasty basketball player, and a accomplished champion.. he does boston radio too, not television.. respected basketball players can speak there mind