Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Batman is the clutchest superhero of all time... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40236)

MaxFly 05-05-2007 11:02 AM

Batman is the clutchest superhero of all time...

Dude just saved the world by himself. Gotta love Saturday morning cartoons. :cheers:

Seņor Cedric 05-05-2007 11:05 AM

Re: Batman is the clutchest superhero of all time...

I love Batman, but what is so super about him?

Superman has too many powers... that was my big rant as a kid.

Real Men Wear Green 05-05-2007 11:08 AM

Are you watching that WB "Batman?" It kind of sucks, by Batman standards..."Batman Begins" was cosmically awesome though, may be my favorite superhero movie ever.

wang4three 05-05-2007 11:10 AM

Spiderman 3 was bad.

Had to say it.

geeWiz15 05-05-2007 11:11 AM

Batman is awesome BECAUSE he doesn't have powers. he's just really smart, strong, quick, stealthy. complete badass. all Superman does is knock people around and nothing can hurt him except green rocks. WTF? where's the fun there?

EricForman 05-05-2007 11:12 AM

the WB batman is still bassed off Batman: The Animated Series, which is probably the greatest American cartoon of all time. The writing and plot of the cartoon was better than any of the Batman films of the 80s and 90s, hell you acn say it's better than Batman Begins too.

XxNeXuSxX 05-05-2007 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Are you watching that WB "Batman?" It kind of sucks, by Batman standards..."Batman Begins" was cosmically awesome though, may be my favorite superhero movie ever.

edit: Ohh the movie, that was pretty decent.

brantonli 05-05-2007 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricForman
the WB batman is still bassed off Batman: The Animated Series, which is probably the greatest American cartoon of all time. The writing and plot of the cartoon was better than any of the Batman films of the 80s and 90s, hell you acn say it's better than Batman Begins too.

When I saw the new Batman cartoon, I went 'What the hell? What have they done to Batman?! His muscles are all gone, he's way too thin, blahblahblah" I much rather have the cartoon Batman of the 90s. That future Batman was good as well.

statman32 05-05-2007 11:20 AM

Robin was always my favorite. Me and my brother actually have these Batman and Robin costumes. Yah I know you're jealous.
http://www.1966batmobile.com/Batman%20&%20Robin.jpg

funkylikemonkey 05-05-2007 11:39 AM

Quote:

Thank Christopher Nolan, they finally got a "real" director to direct a superhero movie.

different107 05-05-2007 11:47 AM

Batman is awesome. Superman is a wuss who hides behind all his powers.

MaxFly 05-05-2007 11:58 AM

Quote:

It's not up to par with the past Batman series, Batman: The Animated Series, The Adventures of Batman and Robin, The New Batman Adventures, Batman Beyond, Justice League and Justice League Unlimited, but today's episode was pretty decent. I was flipping through and caught it, so I watched. They seem to be doing a better job with the stories. The cartoon is obviously for a younger age group, but they seem to have moved away from that slightly. It takes time getting used to the style, but the animation that they're able to do if fantastic.

sunsruleoveryou 05-05-2007 12:01 PM

Silver Surfer Forever.:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :)

MaxFly 05-05-2007 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
I love Batman, but what is so super about him?

Superman has too many powers... that was my big rant as a kid.

It's the fact that he doesn't have any superpowers but conditioned his mind, body skill so well that he might as well have superpowers. He's gone head to head with people far more powerful than him and has done more than hold his own.

All that said... there's really only one explanation. He's Batman...

While Superman has a lot of powers, the thing that makes him so great is that he's lived a life where he must continuously be in control. As powerful as he is, he's afraid to inadvertently hurt someone, so he seldom uses all of his power. This makes him pretty vulnerable. And as powerful as he is, there are several characters who are more ridiculous... Silver Surfer, Phoenix... :confusedshrug:

MaxFly 05-05-2007 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunsruleoveryou
Silver Surfer Forever.:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :)

Another thing I like about Batman is that you can start a vs. battle... Batman vs. Silver Surfer, and Batman will will the arguments 4 out of 5 times... He's Batman. :rockon: