Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Portland Trail Blazers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Miles/Randolph: Any trade value? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4064)

JimmyB 07-04-2006 05:31 PM

Miles/Randolph: Any trade value?

Do ZBo and Miles have any trade value whatsoever? Are teams willing to give anything but mediocre veterans with bad multiyear contracts? I wonder if either could be traded for an expiring contract, even for a player who has no ability to play. Or draft picks. Any takers?

JMX7114 07-16-2006 01:35 PM

Well, let's look around the league......Isaiah Thomas is on the hot seat and he's known for making stupid trades (come on, Nazr Mohammed to the Spurs for ...... oh crap, i forgot his name - Malik Allen??? the undersized PF they picked up from the Spurs....).

Other teams that are rumored to be lookingn to make trades....Indiana, Atlanta, Denver, Philadelphia, etc.

I do NOT want Kenyon Martin!!!!!!!!

I just posted a 3 way between us, Golden State and New York.

Czar 07-22-2006 12:10 PM

You need to see if the Nets want Randolph.

wally_world 07-23-2006 05:18 AM

Quote:

if they want him trade him! After see-ing the Rookies play in Summer league, i'm pretty impressed... they need to rebuild... OUtlaw deserves playing time as well... once they get back on track... consistency...

dmenzion 07-23-2006 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Czar

Cliff Robinson,Jaque Vaughn,Jason Collins for Z-Bo

:banana: :D :ohwell:
blazers are stacked with young talent get some vets in there

i would like to c Collins/Miles/Outlaw/Roy/ whos the point on this team? Juan Dixon? Jarrett Jack?

Czar 07-23-2006 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmenzion
Cliff Robinson,Jaque Vaughn,Jason Collins for Z-Bo

:banana: :D :ohwell:
blazers are stacked with young talent get some vets in there

i would like to c Collins/Miles/Outlaw/Roy/ whos the point on this team? Juan Dixon? Jarrett Jack?

I doubt if they would let Collins go. The need all the size they can get in the box.

ZHAKIDD532 07-23-2006 06:45 PM

I wouldn't want him, but someone will

ihatetimthomas 07-23-2006 07:23 PM

i thnk zach can contribute to a team needing a low post scorer...but his contractis huge and he has shown to be a head case along with mile...they wont get equal value for any of them if they trade him

mookie 07-24-2006 11:41 AM

Z-Bo (and Miles) needs a strong coach that commands respect (eg the Zen Master, Pat Riley, Larry Brown) and a superstar that will do the same (eg Kobe) -- with that being the case, I can see LAL being a great candidate.

The Lakers could do with some support inside to match the slashing of Kobe and Odom.

Thoughts?

marny_navis 07-25-2006 09:37 PM

Jarrett Jack for Chris Mihm and others? I know it's a bit off topic, just curious if you would trade him to us.

As for Randolph:

New York Knicks receive:
PF Zach Randolph

Portland Trailblazers receive:
PG Steve Francis

I know you Portland fans, and probably Knicks fans would hate this trade, but I think Steve Francis would do good in Portland and could get them back to the playoffs.

As for Miles:

Sacramento receives:
SF Darius Miles
SG Martell Webster

Portland receives:
SG Bonzi Wells
PF Kenny Thomas

KnickFan4Life2 07-25-2006 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marny_navis
Jarrett Jack for Chris Mihm and others? I know it's a bit off topic, just curious if you would trade him to us.

As for Randolph:

New York Knicks receive:
PF Zach Randolph

PG Steve Francis

I know you Portland fans, and probably Knicks fans would hate this trade, but I think Steve Francis would do good in Portland and could get them back to the playoffs.

As for Miles:

Sacramento receives:
SF Darius Miles
SG Martell Webster

Portland receives:
SG Bonzi Wells
PF Kenny Thomas

Decent trade idea, but i'm not sure if the Blazers would want a prick like Kenny Thomas on the team

shafir 07-26-2006 09:29 PM

Lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMX7114
Well, let's look around the league......Isaiah Thomas is on the hot seat and he's known for making stupid trades (come on, Nazr Mohammed to the Spurs for ...... oh crap, i forgot his name - Malik Allen??? the undersized PF they picked up from the Spurs....).

Other teams that are rumored to be lookingn to make trades....Indiana, Atlanta, Denver, Philadelphia, etc.

I do NOT want Kenyon Martin!!!!!!!!

I just posted a 3 way between us, Golden State and New York.

That deal was a great deal. It was Nazr for Malik Rose, David Lee, and Renaldo Balkman. That was actually the ONLY good trade Isiah made as the Knicks GM.

Pip 07-30-2006 09:53 AM

Paterson should contact Minnie and see if they want ZBo, Miles and Dixon for Garnett. With Magloire going to Blazers, this will be a team definitely in 1st round playoffs this year and with a solid year under the rooks' belts - Conference finals next year? Lineup : Magloire, Prizbylla, KG, Alridge, Outlaw, Webster, Roy, Jack, Dickau and Raef.

bleedinpurple 07-30-2006 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marny_navis

As for Randolph:

New York Knicks receive:
PF Zach Randolph

PG Steve Francis

As for Miles:

Sacramento receives:
SF Darius Miles
SG Martell Webster

Portland receives:
SG Bonzi Wells
PF Kenny Thomas

both of those trades would be horrible for Portland.

Walker 08-01-2006 07:04 AM

How about Randolph, Miles, Dixon and a 1st rounder (top 10 protected) for B. Davis, Dunleavy and a 2nd rounder.