Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   A good read about Bob Barker: (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40750)

mlh1981 05-09-2007 03:14 PM

A good read about Bob Barker:
 
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...1&hpv=national


35 years of Bob Barker is about to come to an end :cry:

L.Kizzle 05-09-2007 03:34 PM

Re: A good read about Bob Barker:
 


Whoa Bob, keep your eyes to yourself.

mlh1981 05-09-2007 03:43 PM

Re: A good read about Bob Barker:
 
Too bad I missed her running down the aisle :banghead:

different107 05-09-2007 04:40 PM

Re: A good read about Bob Barker:
 
Is he just stopping because he is getting old?

mlh1981 05-09-2007 07:54 PM

Re: A good read about Bob Barker:
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by different107
Is he just stopping because he is getting old?



Bob is 84 years old and has been on television for 50 years. I imagine he wants to retire and enjoy his remaining years. He has earned the right to, even though it's really sad for all of us.

It's crazy........I have probably watched that show for the better part of 15-20 years. SO much has changed (obviously) in my own life between then and now. High school graduatation, college graduation, girls have come and gone, I've moved 5 times, etc. The one thing that I could count on was Bob walking through those doors every Mon-Fri at 11 a.m. When I was sick, or it was Summer break, winter break, etc, he was there. No matter what kind of mood I was in, the show got me pumped up for the day. "HERE IT COMES!!! TELEVISION'S MOST EXCITING HOUR OF FANTASTIC PRIZES!" It all takes me back to a time when life was simpler. We didn't need reality TV, or stupid ***** like Britney Spears and Paris Hilton to entertain us.

I'm living my dream on May 17th. I hope all of you guys find something in your life that's as exciting as this opportunity has made me. It's an awesome feeling.

different107 05-09-2007 08:12 PM

Re: A good read about Bob Barker:
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mlh1981
Bob is 84 years old and has been on television for 50 years. I imagine he wants to retire and enjoy his remaining years. He has earned the right to, even though it's really sad for all of us.

It's crazy........I have probably watched that show for the better part of 15-20 years. SO much has changed (obviously) in my own life between then and now. High school graduatation, college graduation, girls have come and gone, I've moved 5 times, etc. The one thing that I could count on was Bob walking through those doors every Mon-Fri at 11 a.m. When I was sick, or it was Summer break, winter break, etc, he was there. No matter what kind of mood I was in, the show got me pumped up for the day. "HERE IT COMES!!! TELEVISION'S MOST EXCITING HOUR OF FANTASTIC PRIZES!" It all takes me back to a time when life was simpler. We didn't need reality TV, or stupid ***** like Britney Spears and Paris Hilton to entertain us.

I'm living my dream on May 17th. I hope all of you guys find something in your life that's as exciting as this opportunity has made me. It's an awesome feeling.


Have fun at the show. Get some pics with Bob. :banana:

mlh1981 05-09-2007 09:04 PM

Re: A good read about Bob Barker:
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by different107
Have fun at the show. Get some pics with Bob. :banana:



Unfourtunately.............no cameras are allowed in the studio :banghead:

different107 05-09-2007 09:17 PM

Re: A good read about Bob Barker:
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mlh1981
Unfourtunately.............no cameras are allowed in the studio :banghead:


For real? Whats the reasoning behind that?

mlh1981 05-09-2007 09:24 PM

Re: A good read about Bob Barker:
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by different107
For real? Whats the reasoning behind that?



I guess it would just look bad on TV with people flashing their cameras and stuff. That's my guess. Also, no cell phones.

different107 05-09-2007 09:26 PM

Re: A good read about Bob Barker:
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mlh1981
I guess it would just look bad on TV with people flashing their cameras and stuff. That's my guess. Also, no cell phones.



Geez. Talk about a lot of requirements.

mlh1981 05-09-2007 09:30 PM

Re: A good read about Bob Barker:
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by different107
Geez. Talk about a lot of requirements.


Think that's bad? In the past, you would have to arrive by 6 a.m. to get your order of arrival past. THey issue an unlimited number of tickets, so it's the first 325 people in line. Now, with his retirement near, I pretty much have to get in line by sunset the day before, because there's gonna be a huge crush of people.

different107 05-09-2007 09:33 PM

Re: A good read about Bob Barker:
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mlh1981
Think that's bad? In the past, you would have to arrive by 6 a.m. to get your order of arrival past. THey issue an unlimited number of tickets, so it's the first 325 people in line. Now, with his retirement near, I pretty much have to get in line by sunset the day before, because there's gonna be a huge crush of people.



So do you even have a ticket yet? Or are you not sure you'll even get in?

mlh1981 05-09-2007 09:36 PM

Re: A good read about Bob Barker:
 
I have a ticket, but it doesn't guarantee anything. I had better get there early, and hope and pray. I'm bringing a lawn chair, a blanket, my ipod, some snacks and some books. I'll need to kill some time. It will be a LONG wait

different107 05-09-2007 09:37 PM

Re: A good read about Bob Barker:
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mlh1981
I have a ticket, but it doesn't guarantee anything. I had better get there early, and hope and pray. I'm bringing a lawn chair, a blanket, my ipod, some snacks and some books. I'll need to kill some time. It will be a LONG wait



To bad you don't have a laptop. You could post on ISH :D

mlh1981 05-09-2007 09:37 PM

Re: A good read about Bob Barker:
 
Nope, don't got a laptop. In fact, I won't be on here for a whole week :cry:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy