Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dallas Mavericks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Mavs Should Get Mike Bibby (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40836)

thegamefritz 05-10-2007 03:22 AM

Mavs Should Get Mike Bibby

It's not Dirk's fault why the mavs was eliminated in the 1st round by a number 8th seed team.. He also did not choked on that series..

The problem is that Dirk is not a selfish player and when he gets doubled, tripled he always passed the ball, the only thing is only Josh Howard was the the only consistent support outside Dirk, occassionaly stack would contribute.

The root of the problem is JET Jason Terry. Jet is a good player but not an outstanding all star caliber player. I think the Mavs should find a better PG, and no other name will surface that would probably be shop in the off season but MIKE BIBBY. Bibby is a great player a very underrated player with all star stats and got all star caliber skills but never been credited to make it to an all star game but none the less Bibby will be a perfect fit for the mavs.

The mavs can also scrap DAMP and his high contract, also they should get rid of george, but first thing's first they should get MIKE BIBBY.

MOST IMPORTANT MOVE THAT THE MAVS WILL DO IS TRADE JET AND GET MIKE BIBBY(PRIORITIZED IT MARK CUBAN AND AVERY). then afterwards they could make an adjustment to some other things, plus rumors has it that DESMOND MASON is also on mavs radar.. an Addition of MIKE BIBBY and DESMOND MASON will be terrific-even more great if they can dump dampier and get a better worthy center.

BigAl 05-10-2007 11:20 AM

Re: Mavs Should Get Mike Bibby

On the The Ticket this morning Avery was talking about getting a low post threat in the offseason. Could be lip service or it could be foreshadowing. We will see

-primetime- 05-10-2007 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl
On the The Ticket this morning Avery was talking about getting a low post threat in the offseason. Could be lip service or it could be foreshadowing. We will see

good to see that I am not the only P1 here

and Dirk is just as much to blame as anyone else....he shot horrible, even if Avery did play him wrong, he still bricked almost every shot he took

Perezident 05-10-2007 07:09 PM

wishful thinking that kings trade bibby to Mavs for Jason "tearry" aka cry baby... the only way i see a deal being done is if the mavs are willing to get rid of Devin Harris future 1st Diop filler.... imho...

Silent Mav 05-10-2007 10:23 PM

Bibby does nothing to help the Mavs with what they need. And even if he did, he is not worth devin, pick, diop and filler. Pick and filler at best, and even then I wouldn't do it.

different107 05-10-2007 10:31 PM

Dallas just needs an offensive post presence.

thegamefritz 05-11-2007 02:54 AM

ey..

The Bigman that the mavs wish to acquire this off season or a legit post presence will be useless if JET is still there..they need some one who can distribute and can score also who is already tried and tested..
Jet is not a legit PG.. he is some what in between a PG and a SG.

Dirk will be a more better player if he will be team up with a real PG..
Mike Bibby is the best available PG in the off season and the kings are willing to shop him.. I think an offer of JET, GEORGE, probably Croshere if they can sign and trade him and a 1st rd pick will be fine already for the kings..

The mavs might be in need of a low post threat but if you trace the problem, you can trace it back to the PG'S position and distribution. Devin Harris is a good PG but he is more on a rush type up tempo scoring PG.. Mike Bibby is a set type PG that can score and can distribute as well..not to mention he can hit 3's and he is reliable during crucial games. tried and tested already..:cheers:

Perezident 05-11-2007 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Mav
Bibby does nothing to help the Mavs with what they need. And even if he did, he is not worth devin, pick, diop and filler. Pick and filler at best, and even then I wouldn't do it.

its no wonder your the GM...u would want to give a dollar and expect a landrover to be yours.....incase u didnt know bro u have to give something with substance to gain something....
harris pick and diop is the least you guys can offer to aquire a player of bibby's caliber

BigAl 05-11-2007 12:10 PM

Also a rumor out there that the Mavs are going to try and sign Webber after the playoffs. He would be a great low post threat IF he stays healthy.

different107 05-11-2007 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegamefritz

The Bigman that the mavs wish to acquire this off season or a legit post presence will be useless if JET is still there..they need some one who can distribute and can score also who is already tried and tested..
Jet is not a legit PG.. he is some what in between a PG and a SG.

Between Terry and Harris they have enough talent to run the point. Terry's PG skills have increased a lot since he came to Dallas. His court leadership growing too.

Silent Mav 05-11-2007 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perezident
its no wonder your the GM...u would want to give a dollar and expect a landrover to be yours.....incase u didnt know bro u have to give something with substance to gain something....
harris pick and diop is the least you guys can offer to aquire a player of bibby's caliber

And it's a good thing you aren't a gm because you are wanting someone to pay thousands of dollars for a kia.

In case you didn't know bro, I don't consider Bibby worth that much. You really overrate his worth and caliber.

He's almost 30, due 28 m over the next two years. If he was in such great demand why couldn't they get a deal done before the trade deadline? He could opt out of his contract right now but isn't because he knows he will lose money. He just as big a liability on defense as Terry is.

de rong 05-25-2007 03:04 PM

I think Mavs has good chances to get Bibby...im sure Bibby got ambitions to play better team and with such a superb European like Dirk.

Perezident 05-25-2007 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Mav
And it's a good thing you aren't a gm because you are wanting someone to pay thousands of dollars for a kia.

In case you didn't know bro, I don't consider Bibby worth that much. You really overrate his worth and caliber.

He's almost 30, due 28 m over the next two years. If he was in such great demand why couldn't they get a deal done before the trade deadline? He could opt out of his contract right now but isn't because he knows he will lose money. He just as big a liability on defense as Terry is.

Because BRO.....
We didnt get anything with that much substance we wanted....BECAUSE OF HIS CALIBER!!

Sure some would say(actual deals) Hasslem Dorel Wright #20(pick) and Jason Williams...Banks Gooden future firsts...are good deals....

But we were also looking to get kenny off our hands to..We didnt really want to trade Bibby ..Because he's still Proven and a Top Notch PG ....we didnt want to trade him just to trade him..we wanted to get better/younger

Point is you guys can Never get Bibby without giving up Harris and Diop...

i said Bibby Not Pargo, Gary Payton, Jaret Jack......

Silent Mav 05-26-2007 12:08 PM

Then I hope we never get Bibby because I would not give up Harris and Diop for him. Both are young with upside still. Bibby on the other hand is about as good as he'll get with nowhere to go but down.

I like how you avoided the part about Bibby not opting out.

A-MATT 05-27-2007 10:55 PM

y do yall nedd biby when yall have 2 good pg i would take anyday over Rafer. yall are very lucky.