Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philadelphia 76ers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Lorenzen Wright.. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4151)

Bishop 07-05-2006 11:14 AM

Lorenzen Wright..

He's a free agent, and could help out a lot at the PF position.. And probably wouldn't cost much.. Use some of our MLE on him..

SixerFan03 07-05-2006 12:27 PM

I honestly forgot he was still in the league. It would be a pretty decent pickup. This team needs a backup PF desperately.

NBAfan32 07-05-2006 01:46 PM

Id like to have him. Veteran presence that can backup the PF spot, which currently has Shav Randolph as the primary reserve. Any addition to the frontcourt with experience can help.

sixerfan3511 07-05-2006 02:56 PM

id much rather have reggie evans, hes what we need. Billy king wants a defensive minded, hard nosed type team right? well, thats what he does. Hes a rebounding machine, hustles non stop, and is a good defender. Thats what we need.

SixerFan03 07-05-2006 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
id much rather have reggie evans, hes what we need. Billy king wants a defensive minded, hard nosed type team right? well, thats what he does. Hes a rebounding machine, hustles non stop, and is a good defender. Thats what we need.

Oh agreed. He's also younger than Wright. He would be the team's best rebounder. He would be the anti-Webber.

What would it take to get him? He's not that much offensively. Would you spend the MLE on him? Will Denver spend more?

sixerfan3511 07-05-2006 04:16 PM

i would give him the MLE in a heartbeat

Bishop 07-05-2006 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixerfan3511

Oh man, I can agree with you on that one.. I'd prefer Evans, but if he can't be had, then I wouldn't mind if we gave Wright an offer..

NBAfan32 07-06-2006 10:52 AM

Totally forgot about Evans. He's just what Philly needs. Tough rebounder that can cover some of the mistakes and holes Webber has at the PF spot.

Bishop 07-06-2006 12:50 PM

Wilcox Anyone??

Doesn't look like he and the Sonics can reach a deal, so now they're looking for a possible Sign and Trade.. What about Salmons and a filler for Wilcox??

Once again, assuming we don't pick up a big man via Free Agency..

sixerfan3511 07-06-2006 02:49 PM

i would love to get chris wilcox. But i don't know who else we should give up besides salmons. I want to keep iverson, green, carney, iguodala, korver, jones, webber(no choice), dalembert, and randolph. I guess we could give them hunter, but they already have 3 centers, and i would give them shavlik and johnny if they'd do it.

NBAfan32 07-06-2006 02:56 PM

Id give them Dalembert. Wilcox has been pretty solid for the Clips 2 years ago and i dont think the stats were a fluke or was he pulling a Jerome James. I also think he's better than what Dalembert has to offer right now.

Bishop 07-06-2006 03:24 PM

For Wilcox, I don't see Randolph actually needing to be a piece for a trade, unless they really want him.. I'd give them Dalembert simply because I think we could get the same production, if not more, from Wilcox.. So maybe Salmons/Dalembert for Wilcox.. We'd be getting rid of Dalembert's horrible contract, and terrible B-Ball IQ.. I really never thought Salmons would be a Sixer next year anyways, so I wouldn't miss him..

sixerfan3511 07-06-2006 03:45 PM

i dont wanna have to play hunter at the starting center. I dont wanna give up on sammy, he has too much physical tools. We would have no height in the front court, and to do it we wouldnt need to give them salmons, just dalembert. So we could use salmons to get some1(s) else.

Bishop 07-06-2006 03:54 PM

I understand.. And actually, not many teams have to 7 footers that can run the floor like a SF, and block shots like they do..
But Dalembert just doesn't do it for me.. Can't catch the ball, keeps trying that little turnaround jumper, gives up 12 points a game on goaltending calls per game, then another 6 on defensive 3 second calls, and to top it off, is highly overpaid.. He's been in for a few years now and has still not lived up to his 'supposed' potential.. I'd rather have a big man we could depend on.. To me, Dalembert is nothing more than a higher priced Hunter..

The only hope is, that last year he was too injured to prove himself.. Also, with Webber's defensive flaws, Dalembert did have to play a lot of help defense.. So maybe with time to heal, and then giving Webber less minutes, maybe we could see something different for Dalembert..

SixerFan03 07-06-2006 08:38 PM

Alright, last I heard, Evans is close to re-signing with Denver.