Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   San Antonio Spurs Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What's next for the Spurs? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4159)

thabigdg 07-05-2006 12:52 PM

What's next for the Spurs?
 
After trading Rasho for scraps and losing Nazr to the Pistons, where are the Spurs going from here? Move TD to the 5? Try to acquire what's left of the centers on the FA market? Depend on one of those Euros to fill in big minutes? Trade? Right now, you have to put them below the Suns and the Mavs.

pegasus 07-05-2006 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabigdg
After trading Rasho for scraps and losing Nazr to the Pistons, where are the Spurs going from here? Move TD to the 5? Try to acquire what's left of the centers on the FA market? Depend on one of those Euros to fill in big minutes? Trade? Right now, you have to put them below the Suns and the Mavs.


I think they will find another steal from Europe. It could be Louis Scala from Tau Ceramica. He is definetely better than Nazr, Rasho and Overto. Or they will move TD to the 5 (as you wrote) since it's easier to find a power forward.

fatboy11 07-05-2006 01:17 PM

They'll find something. Hell, they might trade for Magloire.

I doubt they move Tim to center full-time though. They've been avoiding that for years.

SsKSpurs21 07-05-2006 01:17 PM

.
 
Spurs have already confirmed that luis scola will not be part of their plans this year, but robertas javtokas will be signed to fill in a big man spot. we are still without a legit center though.

there are a few options right now. sign a center from whatevers left of the FA pool or do a sign and trade. the only players the spurs are willing to give up are beno, barry and scolas rights. doesnt seem to appealing to most teams so i guess we are stuck with what he have until ian mahinmi is ready to go next year.

i agree that right now we are below the mavs and suns in terms of a solid squad.

fatboy11 07-05-2006 01:20 PM

Are they going to sign Mahinmi or Sanikidze this year?

artificial 07-05-2006 01:39 PM

what is taking Luis Scola so long? hes nba ready, and old enough... and could help spurs as of now :confused:

fatboy11 07-05-2006 01:43 PM

Huge buyout, I believe.

bagelred 07-05-2006 01:47 PM

I don't understand why they traded Rasho. I thought he was a good big man insurance policy. Oh well....no center.

Orealius 07-05-2006 01:52 PM

Duncan will miss the whole season due to injury and the Spurs will luck out and get the #1 pick (Greg Oden) next year.

artificial 07-05-2006 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatboy11
Huge buyout, I believe.

should've guessed. thanks.

fatboy11 07-05-2006 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orealius
Duncan will miss the whole season due to injury and the Spurs will luck out and get the #1 pick (Greg Oden) next year.

No, Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady will miss a combined 150 games next season and we'll pick Greg Oden #1 and trade him for David West, Bobby Jackson, and Kirk Snyder. :ohwell:

dmenzion 07-05-2006 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatboy11
No, Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady will miss a combined 150 games next season and we'll pick Greg Oden #1 and trade him for David West, Bobby Jackson, and Kirk Snyder. :ohwell:


:mad:
why in fu*k would u trade greg oden for a kirk snyder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thats like death!!!

i mean b-jack and west are good players dont get me wrong but not even close to oden

geeWiz15 07-05-2006 01:59 PM

LOL fatboy is still sour over the Gay trade.

Don't forget you'll give up a starter in the deal also, either Juwan or Rafer. You know, to make salaries work.

fatboy11 07-05-2006 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmenzion
:mad:
why in fu*k would u trade greg oden for a kirk snyder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thats like death!!!

i mean b-jack and west are good players dont get me wrong but not even close to oden

Joke.

Come on, guy. Get with it.

artificial 07-05-2006 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmenzion
:mad:
why in fu*k would u trade greg oden for a kirk snyder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thats like death!!!

i mean b-jack and west are good players dont get me wrong but not even close to oden

:roll: someone sure couldn't smell the sarcasm...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy