Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Houston Rockets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Yao & T-mac (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4201)

PHXsunsROCK1105 07-05-2006 07:56 PM

Yao & T-mac

If Yao Ming & Tracy Mcgrady are healthy next year, Will Rockets make the playoffs? And if so, how far will they go?

:confused:

AIR SETH 07-05-2006 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHXsunsROCK1105
If Yao Ming & Tracy Mcgrady are healthy next year, Will Rockets make the playoffs? And if so, how far will they go?

:confused:

If they are both healthy for the entire season the Rockets will make the play-offs and I would say go to the second round.

AKADS 07-05-2006 07:59 PM

Yes they will make the playoffs.

They can get the second round if they get the 6thor 5th seed and play either Denver or Utah(depends on if the NBA changes there seeding) But they can't play with Spurs, Mavs or Suns. Not quite good enough to go pass Clippers.

fatboy11 07-05-2006 08:40 PM

Quote:

Not quite good enough to go pass Clippers.
I'd like to know what makes you think that because we beat them by like 30 *in LA* with Yao and T-Mac in the lineup and then beat them again a few days later this season.

I'm telling you jokers, we were good for the brief time we were healthy. Real good. And we should have a better roster this season.

BFRESH44 07-05-2006 08:42 PM

The Rockets are a lock the playoffs if Mac and Yao are healthy.

zebraheat 07-05-2006 08:44 PM

Houston can beat anyone, however they need Ming and TMac firing on all cylinders. If one doenst play to their best, they will lose, also to anyone. Their supporting cast is atrocious.

AKADS 07-05-2006 08:56 PM

TMac could end up being the best player to never make the second round of the playoffs.

HALLandOATES 07-05-2006 08:59 PM

If Rockets are healthy I see them getting the 4th to 7th postion in the west. Nothing higher then the 4th though because the west is so deep.If a team has a major injury though I can see them slipping up a spot.

JohnnyCakesKilla 07-05-2006 09:02 PM

The Suns, Spurs and Mavs are better but if the can get the 4th or 5th seed they can make Round Two

Grand Villain 07-05-2006 09:12 PM

Quote:

Part A: Yes

Part B: Sky's the Limit

Let me elaborate on Part B. As another poster stated, it greatly depends on the success of Yao Ming and T-Mac. When the playoffs hit, they can beat anyone they face, but only if both bring their A game. T-Mac has to be more trusting of Yao, and Yao has to be a highly consistent contributor each and every night. If Yao can evolve into the 20/10 guy he's supposed to be, and if McGrady can stay healthy, Houston is one hell of a contender.

Skywalker 07-05-2006 09:21 PM

Ming + McGrady > Shaq + Wade IMO.

If they are healthy and doing what they are capable of I woudln't be suprised to see Houston in the finals.

Silent Mav 07-05-2006 09:34 PM

Quote:

I'm telling you jokers, we were good for the brief time we were healthy. Real good. And we should have a better roster this season.

That's more like it. Good to see the real fatboy back.

Hoola Doola 07-05-2006 11:04 PM

Sorry folks, T Mac is a walking injury. I like the guy and am a Rockets fan. Yao will continue to get better but T Mac won't last the season without going on the IR. Still don't understand the Battier trade. Understand they need a big man that can shoot from the outside and a defender. Still haven't addressed SG issues. Talk is to play T Mac at 3 with SB playing 4. Skip plays PG and Yao in the middle. Who's on SG? Talking about bringing Mike James back. Why did you trade him in the beginning? Rockets don't know what they are doing. Why did they hire JVG anyway? I could sit here and bash away at the Rockets since the championship years but what good would that serve?:hammerhead:

fatboy11 07-05-2006 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoola Doola
Sorry folks, T Mac is a walking injury. I like the guy and am a Rockets fan. Yao will continue to get better but T Mac won't last the season without going on the IR. Still don't understand the Battier trade. Understand they need a big man that can shoot from the outside and a defender. Still haven't addressed SG issues. Talk is to play T Mac at 3 with SB playing 4. Skip plays PG and Yao in the middle. Who's on SG? Talking about bringing Mike James back. Why did you trade him in the beginning? Rockets don't know what they are doing. Why did they hire JVG anyway? I could sit here and bash away at the Rockets since the championship years but what good would that serve?:hammerhead:

Watch what you say about my team around these parts.

I don't play that.

We will win, damnit! We will win!

Management has a plan.

SaveThePigs 07-05-2006 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoola Doola

The Rockets are working with what they have.

I loved the Shane Battier deal, I think that's going to benefit the Rockets in many ways. I'm just ready for the season to start. The Rockets did great when Yao and T-mac played together last season. Management really sucks, so we are just working with what we got. I just have a lot of faith in my Rocks.

Next year is time to get out of the first round. :D