Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   do you still think of michael richards as a racist? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42101)

kidachi 05-21-2007 04:27 AM

do you still think of michael richards as a racist?

i watched a seinfeld re-run an hour ago. and i thought of this thread.

hateraid 05-21-2007 04:38 AM

Re: do you still think of michael richards as a racist?

He already made his public apology, subject closed.

Amigo 05-21-2007 07:59 AM

He apologized for being a racist. Nice way to stop being a racist. :oldlol:

He apologized for what he said. What he said he meant every word of it or he wouldn't have said it at all. The apology makes him stop being a racist. Instantly.

Howard5Dirk41 05-21-2007 09:49 AM

no I think of him as Kramer

New Jazzy Nets 05-21-2007 11:10 AM

eh, we all say things. Sure what he said was bad but i've moved on, He's still Funny as Hell in Seinfeld and Trial and Error. If he wasn't being heckled he wouldn't have done anything.

Rasheed1 05-21-2007 11:21 AM

Quote:

If he wasn't being heckled he wouldn't have done anything.

he shouldnt have been up there if he couldnt handle some hecklers..every comedian deals with hecklers... Richards let some hecklers throw him off his game......he had a meltdown on stage and showed his true self....It still makes me laugh how some local yocal hecklers made this guy meltdown and ruin his career and his name... WOW!

Zan Tabak 05-21-2007 11:27 AM

I garuntee Michael Richards will be forgiven before Mel will..makes you think>..hmm..

l3bronBryant 05-21-2007 01:05 PM

of course hes still a racist its just he made an outburst and wasnt expecting a backlash and he can make excuses about shock comedy but you cant consciously say that without feeling guilty so rightly he should be called a racist or as southpark put it N***** guy

boozehound 05-21-2007 01:28 PM

uhm, yes? of course hes still racist.

DatZNasty 05-21-2007 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Jazzy Nets
eh, we all say things. Sure what he said was bad but i've moved on, He's still Funny as Hell in Seinfeld and Trial and Error. If he wasn't being heckled he wouldn't have done anything.

Yes he would, and did. If you watch the full set which was rarely shown for lack of time, he started with all the "dumb ****** and *****" stuff when they first came in. They came in during the middle of his set up in the balcony and he noticed it and was mad it was kind of an interruption and he started.

But I still watch Seinfeld. Michael Richards's career wasn't/isn't going anywhere anyways

Cavsfan 05-21-2007 02:06 PM

Yes

Kobe24 05-21-2007 02:47 PM

Duh.

mlh1981 05-21-2007 03:01 PM

We're a forgiving society. This will be old news in a matter of time, if not already. People have done far worse things and have been able to rebuild their image.

White Chocolate 05-21-2007 07:53 PM

Everybody makes mistakes. I'm sure every white guy has had a moment in their life where they thought of a black person as a dumb ******. Some guys have actually said it publically, but it's generally done out of anger, not because they truly hate blacks.

Kobe24 05-21-2007 07:57 PM

Quote:

I'm sure every white guy has had a moment in their life where they thought of a black person as a dumb ******.

God, I hope not.