Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Detroit Pistons Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Does Dumars regret losses of Darko and Carlos? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4228)

bagelred 07-06-2006 12:29 AM

Does Dumars regret losses of Darko and Carlos?
 
In light of the Ben Wallace defection to the Bulls, do you think Dumars regrets giving away two talents, Darko and Arroyo, for basically nothing to the Magic?

I mean, wouldn't having Darko on the team now to possibly replace Ben look good right now?

A little short sighted by Joe Dumars....

.

GOBB 07-06-2006 12:31 AM

No he hates Big Ben for being a sellout. And regrets trying to keep that maggot around.

Kiss Murder 07-06-2006 12:33 AM

She begs and she plays...Let them go...leave her numb.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bagelred
In light of the Ben Wallace defection to the Bulls, do you think Dumars regrets giving away two talents, Darko and Arroyo, for basically nothing to the Magic?

I mean, wouldn't having Darko on the team now to possibly replace Ben look good right now?

A little short sighted by Joe Dumars....

.


They should regret that they let most of their front court go for nothing. They let Mehmet Okur walk to the Jazz...Trade Darko and Carlos Arroyo for Kelvin Cato? He's walking as a free agent.

So yeah, they regret it. The only thing they don't regret is that they save some cap space but for what, Nazr Mohammad?

DeuceWallaces 07-06-2006 01:02 AM

Arroyo sucks and I think hardly any Pistons fans miss him.

Darko, I've been a Darko fan since day 1 and wish he would have stayed but he hated it here. Not like we traded him for nothin; we've got a lottery pick coming unless the Magic have an amazing season, or an awful season.

Memo was super overpaid by the Jazz, is soft and doesn't fit the image, and would of had Davidson paying luxury tax out the ass.

Kiss Murder 07-06-2006 01:08 AM

Feel the laughter....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Arroyo sucks and I think hardly any Pistons fans miss him.

Darko, I've been a Darko fan since day 1 and wish he would have stayed but he hated it here. Not like we traded him for nothin; we've got a lottery pick coming unless the Magic have an amazing season, or an awful season.

Memo was super overpaid by the Jazz, is soft and doesn't fit the image, and would of had Davidson paying luxury tax out the ass.


Well, now Detriot is left with Rasheed Wallace and Nazr Mohammad. Oh and McDyess.

None better than Ben Wallace. He did the right thing!

DeuceWallaces 07-06-2006 01:24 AM

Uhhh, I'd take Sheed over Ben any day. Nazr isn't as good now, but he's 3 years younger and makes 1/3.

Did you by any chance watch the playoffs the past 2 years? See how much Ben dominated? He relly tore it up.

/sarcasm off

ihatekobenjordan 07-06-2006 01:38 AM

Biggest lesson for all GMs out there: Never trade out a foreigner. Foreigners rule.

hawkfan 07-06-2006 08:38 AM

I'm sure that Joe D. wishes he had drafted Dwayne Wade.

Maybe Cleveland wishes that it had.

New Jazzy Nets 07-06-2006 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Arroyo sucks and I think hardly any Pistons fans miss him.


Or Utah fans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Memo was super overpaid by the Jazz, is soft and doesn't fit the image, and would of had Davidson paying luxury tax out the ass.


Yes at the time we were all thinking that Okur was overpaid until this season when he proved his worth.

Answer to the question though. No I don't think he regrets it. I don't think he regrets Ben leaving either, Ben will have at best 2 more decent years.

Qwyjibo 07-06-2006 10:27 AM

Darko?? Sure. Every team could use a young bigman. Although the big regret here is actually drafting him over the MANY better players behind him.


Arroyo?? I doubt anyone gives a damn about him...

SYOrangeMan 07-06-2006 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkfan
I'm sure that Joe D. wishes he had drafted Dwayne Wade.

Maybe Cleveland wishes that it had.


I think he wishes that he had drafted Bosh instead. Bosh would have been like a more obedient Rasheed. Rasheed has a further range though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Darko, I've been a Darko fan since day 1 and wish he would have stayed but he hated it here. Not like we traded him for nothin; we've got a lottery pick coming unless the Magic have an amazing season, or an awful season.


I think that's exactly what the Magic are gonna have. Jameer Nelson with two rebounding monsters. Imagine if Darko beefs up just like Dwight Howard? Brian Hill has stated that Darko becoming bigger is very likely to happen. With those 2 at PF and C, I'd hate to see a team like Phoenix (Without Amare) with small men going against them.

allball 07-06-2006 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkfan
I'm sure that Joe D. wishes he had drafted Dwayne Wade.

Maybe Cleveland wishes that it had.


Hey that was uncalled for buddy. And believe me they drafted the right guy. If they hadnt Lebron would have went to Detroit. The rest of the league would have quit.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 07-06-2006 11:49 AM

re:
 
comon no one ever blames him/her self for anything.


if anything, Dumars is rationalizing that he is the best thing since sliced bread and that Ben was declining Shaq style.

SYOrangeMan 07-06-2006 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allball
Hey that was uncalled for buddy. And believe me they drafted the right guy. If they hadnt Lebron would have went to Detroit. The rest of the league would have quit.

Agreed :D

DeuceWallaces 07-06-2006 11:51 AM

One thing the Pistons never wanted was for Darko to beef up. He has some of the highest ratings in the history of the NBA for big men in agility, lateral quickness, etc. Pistons made it a point to not put on too much weight so he wouldn't lose his greatest assets.
---
Plus, LB would have ruined anyone that he drafted. Any of them.

Did ya by chance catch the Olympics?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy