Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Trade Cook for???? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4275)

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 07-06-2006 12:08 PM

Trade Cook for????

Guys,
we can trade cook,mckie(no takers though) and some other player like mihm, green for something solid like Al Harrington. who would u trade for if u want to?

traditionone 07-06-2006 12:39 PM

The only starting position we can upgrade is point guard. If we can't get a good point through a trade, then I would trade those players for more bench depth, specifically, a perimeter scorer and a big man who can and is happy to back up both the 4 and the 5.

Ryansrams 07-06-2006 01:11 PM

The Lakers need Pg I think they should Trade Mihm and throw in another player for Deshawn Stevenson in a sign and trade. Stevenson is going to make around6-8 million at least that is what his camp wants. For those who dont know much about him he is a real good defensiveplayer and a solid offensive player ,he has really come in to his own the last couple of years and is well respected on the defensive side by the rest of the league. I might be reachin but we have enough big people to take that chance and not hurt the nucleus of the team.

lakerfreak 07-06-2006 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryansrams
The Lakers need Pg I think they should Trade Mihm and throw in another player for Deshawn Stevenson in a sign and trade. Stevenson is going to make around6-8 million at least that is what his camp wants. For those who dont know much about him he is a real good defensiveplayer and a solid offensive player ,he has really come in to his own the last couple of years and is well respected on the defensive side by the rest of the league. I might be reachin but we have enough big people to take that chance and not hurt the nucleus of the team.

He also dunks really well too.

we should trade for raja bell. LOOL JK JK JK

SoCalMike 07-06-2006 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
we should trade for raja bell. LOOL JK JK JK

Hey, thats not so funny and not such a bad idea... Raja would definitely give them some added defensive toughness they need!

Mr. Clutch 07-06-2006 06:20 PM

stevenson isnt bad but hes more of a combo gaurd but the lakers do need a stopper on the perimeter hopefully sasha can develop into one but thats wishful thinking

lakerfreak 07-07-2006 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Hey, thats not so funny and not such a bad idea... Raja would definitely give them some added defensive toughness they need!

are u kidding me man him and Kobe have hated each ither since lakers beat philly in the finals...its not like they just started fighting this year.

i always remember them both getting technicals when raja was on the utah jazz

hotsizzle 07-07-2006 03:15 AM

half the league is interested in devean george. maybe we can set up a S&T along with mihim to get a PG like dre miller or something

LakerzFan4Life 07-07-2006 02:44 PM

We cant trade crap

ihatetimthomas 07-07-2006 04:24 PM

I dont think its a good idea to be trading mihm. There is a definite lack of quality big men on the market and to trade our only proven low post presence is ridiculous. To get someone like deshawn stevenson (plays kobes spot at 2 guard) would help but his skills are not our main need. What we need is a quality veteran point guard, not another swing man. We have radmanavic, luke, and maurice evans at the 3 too. We all have forgotten about mihm but before his ankle injury, he was one of the most consistent players for the lakers. Unless we get a point guard or another quality big man, mihm should stay put

lakerfreak 07-07-2006 06:16 PM

After all of these posts on mihm i agree that we shouldnt trade him.

only problem is if we start Kwame at PF, Rad man would have to be benched and sooo many other big men would be seeing no time on our time. Turiaf, Bynum.

Someone has to go. its a must at this point

dmenzion 07-07-2006 06:21 PM

WUTS WRONG WITH SMUSH,HOMIES?
sign marshall strickland hes tough oh wait u prolly dont know him kuz Indiana sucked this year in the tourney but hes a real solid point.
wut about Gansey at the point? Sean Dockery? jus throwin some names out.
Eddie House?

lakerfreak 07-07-2006 06:52 PM

Gansey got signed by those damn heat that take every player we want