Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Houston Rockets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Satisfied on McGrady's season? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43006)

Finn T-Mac 05-28-2007 03:00 AM

Satisfied on McGrady's season?

How well did T-Mac play this season? I think he had a good season, not great, but it didn't disappoint me. He got better on getting his teamates involved (hello kobe??), and was much better all around player than before. Assists were up and he played 71 games this season. He carried the Rockets in the playoffs, but every one knows how it ended up anyway. So the only real disappointment is the playoffs. If the Rockets had won the Jazz in round 1, they would be playing in the Western Conference Finals right now.

Here's the stats

Year Team G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
05-06 HOU 47 47 37.1 .406 .312 .747 1.0 5.6 6.5 4.8 1.3 0.9 2.55 1.90 24.4
06-07 HOU 71 71 35.8 .431 .331 .707 0.8 4.5 5.3 6.5 1.3 0.5 3.00 1.90 24.6

Fudge 05-29-2007 09:26 AM

Re: Satisfied on McGrady's season?

His numbers impressed me, also. The games he played was beyond great. Only missing 11.

The thing that pissed me off is the minutes, and FT,FG%.

Rockets(T-mac) 05-29-2007 02:09 PM

Yeah the Rockets should give him more minutes. A bit of the reason why his FG% isn't as good as usual is because the way Houston ran their offense this year not many plays for t-mac jsut created off the iso.

Richie2k6 05-29-2007 06:52 PM

Could be better, but still very good.

Clutch_City 05-30-2007 09:12 AM

As Fudge said, his FG% disappointed me, as well as his FT shooting. Just over 70%? That's not even above-average.

UMDRox 06-21-2007 09:40 PM

His numbers were good but I would like to see his playoff numbers. I'm willing bet that his numbers were not good. Also, he jacks up too many threes. There is no reason for him to jack up that many threes when he can drive to the basket.

Also, he should have given the ball to Yao more in the playoffs.

RSSMOOTH 06-21-2007 10:22 PM

During the last 4 minutes of game 7, he didn't impress me very much.

On another note, he settled for way too many jumpers. It seems that every year that passes by he attacks the basket less and less and he relies on his diminishing jumper. FT % was absolutely embarrasing for a player of his caliber. His 3 pt shooting is also declining.

Rockets(T-mac) 06-24-2007 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UMDRox
His numbers were good but I would like to see his playoff numbers. I'm willing bet that his numbers were not good. Also, he jacks up too many threes. There is no reason for him to jack up that many threes when he can drive to the basket.

Also, he should have given the ball to Yao more in the playoffs.

Why so he could get striped by Okur. Yao gets plenty of touches and shots that is not the problem.

UMDRox 06-25-2007 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
Why so he could get striped by Okur. Yao gets plenty of touches and shots that is not the problem.

Well. . .lets see. . .T-Mac wants to jack up jump shots that doesn't go in whereas Yao plays closer to the basket and gets to the free throw line. I would say these are valid reasons to give the ball to Yao.

Mind Raper 06-26-2007 05:23 PM

t-bac = rockets failure

hellz no i aint satisfied on t-macs season, he didnt do nuthin that made me think otherwise. he chocked against the mavericks and jazz and will only fail again in future playoff series. he isnt a winner. your best bet would be to trade him while his value is high for someone like KG, josh howard, crawford, heck ill even take kevin martin. at least those guys have the will to win.

the future of this team is yao, so trade t-bac already and focus on your true all-star.

Fudge 06-26-2007 07:54 PM

Re: t-bac = rockets failure

Your logic is arguably the most obscure in ISH History. You're saying we should trade McGrady and recieve Josh Howard? A true winner? I think I soaked my undies, and, and Jamal Crawford? Tell m, genius, when was the last time he/his team actually made the playoffs?