Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Houston Rockets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Mike James Back (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4315)

albertpujols 07-06-2006 04:56 PM

Mike James Back

Contract is roughly 30 million for 5 years...

dmenzion 07-06-2006 05:22 PM

dunno it would help though i mean i think the rockets have west finals potential, i have them equal with san antonio and a step lower the dallas and phoenix

ClutchCityReturns 07-06-2006 05:32 PM

This isn't final.

fatboy11 07-06-2006 05:53 PM

This is not final, but we can't get upset over this.

What did we lack last season (besides health)? Guys that could knock down shots and score. And perimeter D and quickness. Mike James is the man.

We should be happy. We traded him for Rafer (who is a positive addition, IMO) and now could potentially get him back.

Let's just hope we get some good veteran big men with the LLE.

InLebronWeTrust 07-06-2006 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmenzion
dunno it would help though i mean i think the rockets have west finals potential, i have them equal with san antonio and a step lower the dallas and phoenix

Yea.. they have tons of talent. If everyone stays healthy you might have a chance.

Dat1 07-06-2006 06:16 PM

they had a chance two years ago and blew it but that won't happen again this new season

Chamberlain 07-06-2006 06:26 PM

They're dangerous if they stay healthy.

KnicksFan4Life 07-06-2006 06:29 PM

If they get Mike James I could see them going deep into the playoffs

Dat1 07-06-2006 06:38 PM

hopefully at least past the first round

Quiksurfin33 07-07-2006 06:29 PM

yo

Ya there is no doubt the rockets are dangerous team when healthy PLUS with the new addition with Battier and hopefully sometime today Mike James, your adding defense and offense! I can't wait until the season takes off. I just hope we don't get freaking injured again.

RSSMOOTH 07-07-2006 08:05 PM

We definately have a chance of making it past the first round because I think the NBA is changing their playoff seeding format next year. It will be based on records as opposed to the ****ty northwest division getting the 3rd seed! With that in mind the rockets won't likely match up with a dallas or san antonion in the first round!

ClutchCityReturns 07-08-2006 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSSMOOTH
We definately have a chance of making it past the first round because I think the NBA is changing their playoff seeding format next year. It will be based on records as opposed to the ****ty northwest division getting the 3rd seed! With that in mind the rockets won't likely match up with a dallas or san antonion in the first round!

It's not that simple though.

Top 4 teams are the 3 Division winners + whoever has the best record outside of those teams. Then they take those 4 and put them in order of best record.

For example, this past playoffs were...

San Antonio (Division Winner)
Suns (Division Winner)
Nuggets (Division Winner)
Dallas (Next best record after DW's)
-----------------------------------
Memphis
Clippers
Lakers
Kings

But with the new setup they would have been...

San Antonio (Division Winner)
Dallas (Next best record after DW's...less wins than SA but more than PHX)
Suns (Division Winner)
Denver (Division Winner)
-----------------------------------
Memphis
Clippers
Lakers
Kings

So, it really only effects the first 4 seeds directly. So, if the Spurs, Mavs, and Rockets had the top 3 records in the West, the Rockets would still end up with the 5th seed, not the 3rd. Does that make any sense?

DreamRuled 07-08-2006 01:32 AM

But we stll wouldn't have to face SA/Dal in the first round again, if your senario plays out. And if we're not good enough for the #5 seed, and end up facing them again, then so be it. But if the 3 Texas teams have the 3 best WC records, at least we can all make it to the 2nd round.

Dat1 07-08-2006 05:23 PM

i would hope so

Quiksurfin33 07-08-2006 06:39 PM

Quote:

So, it really only effects the first 4 seeds directly. So, if the Spurs, Mavs, and Rockets had the top 3 records in the West, the Rockets would still end up with the 5th seed, not the 3rd. Does that make any sense?

you mean the 4th seed correct?