Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Big career moves ahead... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432407)

BigNBAfan 05-08-2017 12:21 PM

Big career moves ahead...

May have my own private medical clinic... working with some ENTs to get a deal done.

Should know in a month or two...

I wont disclose too much, but location's good, pay is GREAT but more importantly opportunity/retirement is the best... something a University setting struggles with.

I think the position might be a bit much as it's a CEO position with me being a 1099 with ENT clinics, but if I can get this up and going I can retire by the time i'm 40 with steady income.

Im so nba'd out 05-08-2017 12:27 PM

Re: Big career moves ahead...

Maybe this is something you should be sharing with um...friends and not random people on a basketball forum :oldlol:

FireDavidKahn 05-08-2017 12:27 PM

Grats

BigNBAfan 05-08-2017 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
Maybe this is something you should be sharing with um...friends and not random people on a basketball forum :oldlol:

Not quite there yet, this change would require a move and until contracts are signed i'm keeping it hush. Just feels good to let it out to people... even if i am a nobody online.

CelticBaller 05-08-2017 12:30 PM

How old are you OP?

BigNBAfan 05-08-2017 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CelticBaller
How old are you OP?

28, 29 in Aug

highwhey 05-08-2017 01:00 PM

congrats OP :cheers:

CelticBaller 05-08-2017 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigNBAfan
28, 29 in Aug

Where the hell did you get the money from?

Shouldn't you be fresh out med school?

BigNBAfan 05-08-2017 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CelticBaller
Where the hell did you get the money from?

Shouldn't you be fresh out med school?

I'm not a MD but a dual PhD AuD. I dont need much more than 125k business loan.

I am doing contract service for balance patients for ENTs. the ENT uses me as a contractor to do the diagnosis, his/her hospital bills my CPT codes with medicare a entity, they rake in 20% of reimbursement, i take in 80%.

Their clinic also gets to do a secondary office visit to go over my results.

Per patient i bill out 2100 in work, I get back close to 1400 and the ENT office keeps 280 of that plus another office visit worth of billing.

I estimate i can do roughly 80 patients per month as my appointments are roughly two hours of testing. Equates to quite a bit of revenue for ENTs to get paid for testing they would otherwise refer elsewhere for. Now they can even go to their hospital for money to give me as we are now a "total care" facility offering my expertise to their patients.

80,000/month minus costs, writeoffs etc will prob amount to 55k net monthly outside of my salary.

BigNBAfan 05-31-2017 08:40 AM

Flying out there Friday to talk to some ear nose and throats about contracts over dinner with contracts on hand. If i can lock down 3-4 contracts yielding me a steady source of patients i should be out there running a clinic by August.

Here we go!

KyrieTheFuture 05-31-2017 04:25 PM

Bragging to strangers on the internet is odd, but good luck dude

BigNBAfan 05-31-2017 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
Bragging to strangers on the internet is odd, but good luck dude

The purpose of this really is not to brag but just let out what I can't otherwise tell others yet. Whether this is a success or total failure remains to be seen. But what is true is the transparency of the happening.

red1 05-31-2017 05:51 PM

Look at these haters :oldlol:

Congrats buddy. Let me know how you make out. I'll future-neg you if you're 41 and still working. The forum still won't have a search function at that time so this thread will be a bitch to find but I'll find a way.

BigNBAfan 06-04-2017 05:10 AM

Err 630 boarding...

Things went very well, awaiting offers.

kurple 06-04-2017 08:52 AM

Hope it works out for you!

Hard work pays off