Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boston Celtics Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Celtics sign Allan Ray (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4332)

Put Back Dunk 07-06-2006 05:24 PM

Celtics sign Allan Ray

Quote:

BOSTON The Boston Celtics announced today that the club has signed free agent guard Allan Ray. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
LINK

Ok, so now we have Delonte, Telfair, Rondo, and Ray, does anyone else smell trade?

Real Men Wear Green 07-06-2006 05:36 PM

Seems like one has to happen. I really hope it's not Delonte, but he's the only one that can be moved right now of the PG group.

Put Back Dunk 07-06-2006 05:42 PM

It sort of makes sense that it could be Delonte (I also really hope it's not him though) because he's defintiely the most polished player out of the group, and his name did seem to pop up right after the initial rumors of both Jefferson and Green being shipped out died down.

bk15 07-06-2006 05:55 PM

a trade could be commin up but Allen Ray doesnt fit in with the point gaurds cause he doesnt have the skills.. hes more of a 2 guard but can also a lil bit of point

dmenzion 07-06-2006 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Put Back Dunk
LINK

Ok, so now we have Delonte, Telfair, Rondo, and Ray, does anyone else smell trade?

definetly...i would prolly trade
Rondo and West if i was the celtics
telfair just like every other highschool player except Jonathan Bender will be an all-star in 2 or 3 yrs.
Ray is big time clutch so keep him

send Rondo and West to phoenix for James Jones and Eric Piatkowski
gives you depth and gives phx pg's just like they need.

PoisonousDart 07-06-2006 11:00 PM

Nope!

If this IS the Philly deal, the Delonte is all but gone..he's a Philly fan favorite from his St. Josephs days and it would make sense. Uh Oh! One.

greenman1 07-07-2006 12:35 AM

Danny Boy

Hello I'm new to this sight I hear some real good stuff in hear you guy's do know your Celtics I just wanted to put my insight on the Allen ray signing great job by Danny I don't know how he slipped threw the draft but I'm sure glade we picked him up he will help the team.

Put Back Dunk 07-07-2006 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bk15
a trade could be commin up but Allen Ray doesnt fit in with the point gaurds cause he doesnt have the skills.. hes more of a 2 guard but can also a lil bit of point

But IF it's AI we're trading for, having a PG who's more of a combo guard wouldn't hurt us at all. AI is considered a SG and has played against bigger guards on both ends of the floor his entire career. That's actually part of the reason why I was hoping Green was thrown into any potential AI deal instead of Delonte because having AI (and Pierce) to drive through the lane and kick the ball back out to Delonte on the perimeter would be easy buckets all night. However, if Delonte would be the odd man out in any future trade, Allan Ray could fill in as a poor man's Delonte in the meantime. Ray's an excellent perimeter shooter as well, and is aslo more than capable of driving to the basket- something that Delonte lacks in his offensive game.

Before I get ahead of myself though, right now I'd say he was the 4th PG/3rd SG until any trade is made. Again, IF it is indeed AI that we trade for and Delonte is apart of that trade, I would definitely start Telfair (or Tony Allen depending on what position AI were to play) and have Ray and Rondo battle it out for the first back up PG spot.

Chamberlain 07-07-2006 12:38 AM

Great to see Ray gets a shot in the league, even better that it's with the Celtics.

Snoopy 07-07-2006 06:53 AM

i thought dude was better than lowry from the villanova games i saw, he's got skills but it just depends whether he can make the transition from college ball to the nba