Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   getting boozer (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4383)

leopoldotoribio 07-07-2006 10:04 AM

getting boozer
 
i don't think getting harrington is a good idea for the lakers. they have enough scorers with the addition of radmanovic. they can't use harrington in the triangel because he is not a high percentage outside shooter. what the lakers need is a rebounder,high percentage scorer in the inside and good defender like boozer. i don't know if this will be possible but they could trade smush,mihm and cook for boozer. sasha cannot be released by the lakers because he is a special friend of kobe. so this will be the line up/rotations:

C- brown C-boozer/bynum
PF- boozer PF-odom/turiaf
SF- radmonovich SF-radmonovich/walton
SG-kobe SG- kobe/evans
PG-odom PG-sasha/farmar

in defending quicker opponent's PG, kobe could shift to it.
making odom the PG makes him comfortable because he is effective when he is handling the ball.radmonovich will have more playing time because that is what the lakers promised to him. bynum will play minimal minutes unless a big man gets injured.

if they could not get boozer they should get marcus banks.PG rotation would be farmar,sasha and banks.

if they could not get any of the 2 then they should look for another impact player because if they don't, they might have a chance to advance to the conference finals but i sure do know that raja bell will again be laughing and whip kobe and the lakers with a healthy stoudemire in town...

SoCalMike 07-07-2006 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leopoldotoribio
in defending quicker opponent's PG, kobe could shift to it.


While I think Boozer could help the team (if he's healthy), Kobe cannot guard the smaller point guards anymore. He just does not have that quickness. We need a defensive minded point guard that can stop or slow down that kind of penetration.

So, I think they still have a need there unluess something magical happened with Smush during the off season.

leopoldotoribio 07-07-2006 08:57 PM

if we will not get boozer we should get someone that will make solid ciontributions as role player. say gerald wallace? or banks? or a trade with lamar for garnett...

ihatetimthomas 07-12-2006 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leopoldotoribio
if we will not get boozer we should get someone that will make solid ciontributions as role player. say gerald wallace? or banks? or a trade with lamar for garnett...



i dont think we can get boozer...unless we give up lamar for him...and i def think that is not worth it...i dont know it cats would be willing to trade wallace after the great season he had last yr...and we have no one really the cats need...banks a little more reasonable...since mike james is there..maybe we can pull some kind of s&t deal...and for KG...very farfetched unless he demands to be traded here...and even if he does we dont have many pieces to work with...

traditionone 07-12-2006 11:56 AM

I don't think the Jazz should get rid of Boozer. He's been a good player for them when healthy.

I'm content with our point guard situation. We can even trade one of them if we wanted.

ihatetimthomas 07-12-2006 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traditionone
I'm content with our point guard situation. We can even trade one of them if we wanted.



Thats crazy...i agree we need to get rid of one of our pg but to go as far as saying you are content with the situation is outrageous...we have farmar who wont get a lick of playing time...williams who hasnt even played in the NBA for a few years and must learn the triangle...sasha who seriously needs to go because he played like dirt last year...he got a decnt amount of playing time too...18 minutes for only 3.9 ppg, 1.7 apg, and 1.9 rpg...thats not gonna cut it..and smush was nonexistent in the suns series...we need a point gurad who can be consistent and just do what true point guards are supposed to do...swing the ball and knock down the consistent jumper...which smush only does in streaks...our weak pg situation is what lost the series for us against nashh..

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 07-12-2006 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Thats crazy...i agree we need to get rid of one of our pg but to go as far as saying you are content with the situation is outrageous...we have farmar who wont get a lick of playing time...williams who hasnt even played in the NBA for a few years and must learn the triangle...sasha who seriously needs to go because he played like dirt last year...he got a decnt amount of playing time too...18 minutes for only 3.9 ppg, 1.7 apg, and 1.9 rpg...thats not gonna cut it..and smush was nonexistent in the suns series...we need a point gurad who can be consistent and just do what true point guards are supposed to do...swing the ball and knock down the consistent jumper...which smush only does in streaks...our weak pg situation is what lost the series for us against nashh..


I disagree.....do you know that experience counts? no one is born superstar like lebron or wade....every season is a good experience for these kids. so give time......who you want on your team??? banks ??? beleive me he is not consistant neither......if smush was on any other team...you same guys would have craved to get him on our team so just relax and let them play togheter....i bet they will be better than last year......

lakerfreak 07-12-2006 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
I disagree.....do you know that experience counts? no one is born superstar like lebron or wade....every season is a good experience for these kids. so give time......who you want on your team??? banks ??? beleive me he is not consistant neither......if smush was on any other team...you same guys would have craved to get him on our team so just relax and let them play togheter....i bet they will be better than last year......


I agree :)

ihatetimthomas 07-12-2006 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
I disagree.....do you know that experience counts? no one is born superstar like lebron or wade....every season is a good experience for these kids. so give time......who you want on your team??? banks ??? beleive me he is not consistant neither......if smush was on any other team...you same guys would have craved to get him on our team so just relax and let them play togheter....i bet they will be better than last year......



I have no problem with smush parker as a back up but you cant tell me any of the other pgs are ready to really help...and you need at least 2 decent point guards...

Kosova-Lakers 07-12-2006 11:27 PM

Buzer yes sign for Lakers :applause:

lakerfreak 07-13-2006 03:24 AM

Shammond Williams
 
what was the basic point of signing him?

leopoldotoribio 07-13-2006 07:02 AM

sign eddie house instead!!!!!!! agree???????????
good ball handling and shooter>........

New Jazzy Nets 07-13-2006 08:29 AM

Wow you guys will give us Mihm(OKur,Hofa,Collins), Smush(4 point guards allready why not another one),Cook(I wouldn't mind cook but we would never trade boozer for cook.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy