Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   So...Roger Goodell withheld evidence from Roger Goodell (Elliot abuse case) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=439906)

Real Men Wear Green 09-01-2017 07:54 AM

So...Roger Goodell withheld evidence from Roger Goodell (Elliot abuse case)

The only NFL investigator to interview the accuser was prevented from giving her findings to Roger Goodell.

Apparently the possibility that Zeke Elliot may not deserve a suspension is too terrible of a reality to even contemplate. The NFL has apparently gone out of it's way to tarnish the reputation of one of it's most marketable young stars on their most popular team. Fear of backlash for not doing enough has led them to a point where doing the right thing is nowhere near as important as pretending to do the right thing. Fascinating.

~primetime~ 09-01-2017 09:01 AM

Re: So...Roger Goodell withheld evidence from Roger Goodell (Elliot abuse case)

That investigator who talked to the victim was also the LEAD investigator assigned to this. How in the hell was she not heard??? Amazing.

Suspension should be wiped clean.

NFL should just defer to the courts and not try to be their own court system. Even in the rare event of an OJ situation the teams can still cut players themselves.

Jailblazers7 09-01-2017 11:27 AM

How many disciplinary actions does this dude need to **** up before he gets fired or stripped of some power? It's baffling how he screws up at every opportunity.

Charlie Sheen 09-01-2017 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
How many disciplinary actions does this dude need to **** up before he gets fired or stripped of some power? It's baffling how he screws up at every opportunity.

This one is going to benefit Rog. Zeke's suspension gets wiped out and he gets to look like he actually gives a shit about this Thompson girl. Win-Win

FUTěN 09-01-2017 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~primetime~
That investigator who talked to the victim was also the LEAD investigator assigned to this. How in the hell was she not heard??? Amazing.

Suspension should be wiped clean.

NFL should just defer to the courts and not try to be their own court system. Even in the rare event of an OJ situation the teams can still cut players themselves.

Yeah, it sucks that awful people (not saying Zeke necessarily, haven't followed the case) get to rake in millions, but that's America, baby. It's a societal problem and the NFL hasn't done anyone any favors trying to fix it, including themselves. Dole out fines if you must but preferably focus on trying to educate players instead of this kangaroo court shit.

DukeDelonte13 09-05-2017 09:31 AM

i read through some of the transcripts. He's guilty IMO. Visible signs of injury that correspond with the victim's story? Looks like Zeke's camp is all about a clearly contrived text from the victim's friend.

I've seen cases with less evidence get charged criminally. F*ck that woman beater.

But because it's the evil NFL everyone wants to take the side of the player without looking at the facts.

Where there's smoke there's fire.

EDIT: Zeke ****ing admits to being with the girl at the same time and place, having heating arguments, etc., just says nothing physical happened.

So we got a guy, same time, same place, admits to heated arguments, we got evidence of injury, etc., but ZEKE IS ****ING INNOCENT IT'S A CONSPIRACY TO SHUT DOWN THE HOTTEST STAR ON THE MOST POPULAR TEAM... Get out the tinfoil hats boys.

~primetime~ 09-05-2017 09:46 AM

There are police affidavits saying she got the injuries in a bar fight that night. The biggest issue is that she has been on record telling different stories that don't match up which is why the judge had to throw out the case altogether. The judge doesn't care what Zeke does for a living and isn't a conspiracy theorist.

If one of her stories says Zeke beat her up in a car, and another story says he beat her up in the bed room....well one of those is a lie. She definitely lied at some point.

Also, the NFLs lead investigator was the only person to talk to the victim and came to the conclusion that Zeke should not be punished at all.

I don't know what Zeke did, but I definitely don't rule out that he did nothing at all.

CelticBaller 09-05-2017 10:17 AM

Goodell excersing his total rule over the NFL?
Who would've thought

1987_Lakers 09-05-2017 04:36 PM

It amazes me how Goodell always manages to fvck up these investigations.

~primetime~ 09-05-2017 09:41 PM

So this is a bit confusing to me. Zekes suspension was upheld but he will play Sunday and could still play the entire season if the Players Association can put a restraining order on the suspension.

Okay

CelticBaller 09-05-2017 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~primetime~
So this is a bit confusing to me. Zekes suspension was upheld but he will play Sunday and could still play the entire season if the Players Association can put a restraining order on the suspension.

Okay

wy are you confused?

Tom Brady played a whole season with his suspension being upheld like two years ago

~primetime~ 09-05-2017 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CelticBaller
wy are you confused?

Tom Brady played a whole season with his suspension being upheld like two years ago

That's confusing too, although I haven't really looked deep into how this system works.

But at a glance, a suspension being upheld and no suspension actually being served is confusing.

Real Men Wear Green 09-06-2017 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
i read through some of the transcripts. He's guilty IMO. Visible signs of injury that correspond with the victim's story? Looks like Zeke's camp is all about a clearly contrived text from the victim's friend.

I've seen cases with less evidence get charged criminally. F*ck that woman beater.

But because it's the evil NFL everyone wants to take the side of the player without looking at the facts.

Where there's smoke there's fire.

EDIT: Zeke ****ing admits to being with the girl at the same time and place, having heating arguments, etc., just says nothing physical happened.

So we got a guy, same time, same place, admits to heated arguments, we got evidence of injury, etc., but ZEKE IS ****ING INNOCENT IT'S A CONSPIRACY TO SHUT DOWN THE HOTTEST STAR ON THE MOST POPULAR TEAM... Get out the tinfoil hats boys.

She was supposed to have been in a bar fight which would explain the bruising. Elliott continuing to mess with a woman that accuses him of all this abuse means he's a fool at best but if Goodell actually cares about making a fair ruling then he talks to the investigator that he hired to interview the accuser. That just doesn't make sense.