Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Ray Lewis: Kap's girlfriend had Ravens uneasy (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=440021)

Nanners 09-06-2017 01:34 AM

Ray Lewis: Kap's girlfriend had Ravens uneasy

Saw this on rotoworld and thought it was kind of hilarious

Quote:

According to Ray Lewis on Inside the NFL, the Ravens didn't sign free agent Colin Kaepernick because of a "racist gesture" his girlfriend posted on Twitter last month.

There's a lot to unpack here. "We [Lewis and Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti] were talking about giving this kid an opportunity to get back in the NFL," Lewis said. "I have been fighting for this kid behind the table like nobody has. ... I've never been against Colin Kaepernick. But I am against the way he’s done it. Then, his [girlfriend] goes out and put out this racist gesture and doesn’t know we are in the back office about to try to get this guy signed. Bisciotti has said it himself, 'How can you crucify Ray Lewis when Ray Lewis is the one calling for Colin Kaepernick?' ... We were going to close the deal to sign him. And it never happens because that picture comes up the next day." The picture can be seen at the following link. It sounds like a fabricated story to give the Ravens an excuse.

this is the image in question :oldlol:

edit: why the **** am i no longer able to embed images?

Jailblazers7 09-06-2017 08:18 AM

Re: Ray Lewis: Kap's girlfriend had Ravens uneasy

Ravens didn't seem to be uneasy when Ray Lewis destroyed evidence in a murder investigation. Where's the suit Ray?

Nanners 09-06-2017 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Ravens didn't seem to be uneasy when Ray Lewis destroyed evidence in a murder investigation. Where's the suit Ray?

"What was built over that many of years, it took hard work to get that. It took a hell of reputation to put on the line. Men's families, menís lives, on how to actually get acclimated as a pro. So yeah, I get offended when you talk about a guy by the name of Ozzie Newsome, absolutely. Heís one of the five-star generals in this, in this world, as a man. I donít want us to lose sight of what's really going on here. Ray Rice put a lot of people in jeopardy because of his actions. A lot of people in jeopardy. Not just himself. He needs to understand that. Because none of this happens if what happened that night in that elevator. If I ask anything in this whole thing, I ask, let there be light."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwfMZP5qMxY

Jailblazers7 09-06-2017 09:42 AM

God damn. Ray Lewis is such a fake, hypocritical POS. **** that guy.

Real Men Wear Green 09-06-2017 10:08 AM

If she posted that while the Ravens were considering signing Kaepernick that would be extremely bad timing. Kaepernick should be in the NFL but his girl should know better than to insult the owner of the one and maybe even only team willing to consider signing him.

Nanners 09-06-2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
If she posted that while the Ravens were considering signing Kaepernick that would be extremely bad timing. Kaepernick should be in the NFL but his girl should know better than to insult the owner of the one and maybe even only team willing to consider signing him.

didnt sound like her tweet was a particularly big deal at the time, nor should it have been.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/0...sh-discussion/

I dont think that any sane team (and the ravens seem pretty sane) would turn down a good backup QB just because the players GF made fun of the owner. Brent Grimes still has a job and his woman is a fucking nightmare on twitter.

I am guessing the real reason the Ravens didnt sign Kap is because they are only 1hr from the capitol, and people who "disrespect" the flag arent are NOT looked upon kindly out there.

ROCSteady 09-06-2017 10:50 AM

:roll:

Between this b!tch and Brent Grimes' wife, these dudes need to keep their chicks on a leash.

All these player wives want the glamour and lifestyles that come with being an NFL bae but sure as hell have the potential to ruin their dude's earning potential.

Ironic, eh?

Real Men Wear Green 09-06-2017 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanners
didnt sound like her tweet was a particularly big deal at the time, nor should it have been.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/0...sh-discussion/

I dont think that any sane team (and the ravens seem pretty sane) would turn down a good backup QB just because the players GF made fun of the owner. Brent Grimes still has a job and his woman is a fucking nightmare on twitter.

I am guessing the real reason the Ravens didnt sign Kap is because they are only 1hr from the capitol, and people who "disrespect" the flag arent are NOT looked upon kindly out there.

The main reason Kaepernick wasn't signed by the Ravens is the same regardless of the team, I don't deny that the anthem protest and people's feelings about it are his biggest problem. But you can't convince me that Biscotti being hit with that kind of insult by Kaep's girlfriend didn't hurt his cause. He can be offended just like anyone else. Plus why would Lewis make this story up?

Nanners 09-06-2017 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
The main reason Kaepernick wasn't signed by the Ravens is the same regardless of the team, I don't deny that the anthem protest and people's feelings about it are his biggest problem. But you can't convince me that Biscotti being hit with that kind of insult by Kaep's girlfriend didn't hurt his cause. He can be offended just like anyone else. Plus why would Lewis make this story up?

Why wouldnt Ray and the Ravens make this story up? By blaming the decision to pass on Kaps GF, the franchise can conveniently ignore Kaps protest.

Just read the OP quote from Ray and ask yourself if it makes any sense

"We [Lewis and Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti] were talking about giving this kid an opportunity to get back in the NFL," Lewis said. "I have been fighting for this kid behind the table like nobody has. ... I've never been against Colin Kaepernick. But I am against the way he’s done it."

So according to Lewis, him and Bisciotti were supposedly talking about giving Kap an opportunity, and Ray has been fighting for him ("behind the table" lol) like nobody has... even though he is supposedly against Kaps protest... does that statement make any sense? Why is Bisciotti consulting with Ray Lewis on potential backup QBs? Why is Ray fighting for Kap to get an opportunity, despite being opposed to his protest? Why didnt this story come out a month ago when the offending tweet was created, rather than right now?

Real Men Wear Green 09-06-2017 01:00 PM

I'm not sure Lewis was a huge cheerleader for Kaepernick either but there is no meaningful backlash for any of the other teams that are passing on Kaep so i just don't see what makes this situation different. If I was an ex-player for a team I wouldn't bother saying anything about this situation at all or just be like "I guess they're going in a different direction."

Regardless what I can definitely believe is that Bisciotti was offended and when you consider that we are talking about a guy that is viewed as a borderline starter who is probably being blackballed and bringing pr baggage an insult like this could be enough for the owner deciding he wants no part of Kaepernick.