Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New GM survey is out. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=440758)

Kblaze8855 10-04-2017 01:10 PM

New GM survey is out.

https://www.nba.com/amp/league/gmsurvey/2017

There's a lot for you to be outraged about in there I'm sure

ralph_i_el 10-04-2017 01:11 PM

Re: New GM survey is out.

I haven't even read it, but I love this thing every year.

How can Wall get 48% of the votes for "Fastest with the Ball" and get 0% of the vote for "Most Athletic"?

D-Wait 10-04-2017 01:20 PM

I quickly browsed through it and didn't see anything shocking...

warriorfan 10-04-2017 01:21 PM

Which player would you want taking a shot with the game on the line?

1. Stephen Curry, Golden State – 55% 2. Kevin Durant, Golden State – 34% 3. Kyrie Irving, Boston – 7% 4. LeBron James, Cleveland 3%

ArbitraryWater 10-04-2017 01:24 PM

bron haters furious

Which player forces opposing coaches to make the most adjustments? 1. LeBron James, Cleveland – 48%
Which player is the best passer? 1. LeBron James, Cleveland – 36%
Which player is the best leader? 1. LeBron James, Cleveland – 43%
Who is the most versatile player in the NBA? 1. LeBron James, Cleveland – 55%
Which player has the best basketball IQ? 1. LeBron James, Cleveland – 64%

No best player question?

noob cake 10-04-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warriorfan
Which player would you want taking a shot with the game on the line?

1. Stephen Curry, Golden State 55% 2. Kevin Durant, Golden State 34% 3. Kyrie Irving, Boston 7% 4. LeBron James, Cleveland 3%

Irving more clutch than LeBron confirmed.

NuggetsFan 10-04-2017 01:40 PM

They voted for Jokic as the 2nd best international player in the NBA ahead of M.Gasol. 14% to 10%. Yet in the best center M.Gasol was ranked 3rd at 21% ahead of Cousins, Jokic, Gobert. I'm not even taking issue with the actual ranking but that kinda seems like someone messed up.

Maybe different GM's answer different questions or something. If they all fill out the same form tho, some people aren't taking it too serious :lol

ralph_i_el 10-04-2017 01:47 PM

Kendrick Perkins got a vote for Best Future Coach :roll:

gruel 10-04-2017 02:11 PM

Funny they overwhelmingly expect Ball to blow away the competition for ROY but plenty believe he'll be surpassed down the road by Fultz, Simmons, Tatum, Jackson... I think the opposite is true, sort of. My bet is on Simmons winning ROY but for Ball to take his major steps in a couple of years and eventually overtake the whole class. I guess Fultz and Simmons may detract from one another.

Also the love for Towns to start an NBA franchise over other big men like Jokic or Porzingis I find pretty interesting. Probably to do with his reputation as calm and mature. Also there is no way Towns qualifies as the best center in the league at 21 years old. That's madness.

Xiao Yao You 10-04-2017 02:17 PM

Gobert not ahead of 4 guys that he was better than a year ago? :facepalm

hold this L 10-04-2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
bron haters furious

Which player forces opposing coaches to make the most adjustments? 1. LeBron James, Cleveland – 48%
Which player is the best passer? 1. LeBron James, Cleveland – 36%
Which player is the best leader? 1. LeBron James, Cleveland – 43%
Who is the most versatile player in the NBA? 1. LeBron James, Cleveland – 55%
Which player has the best basketball IQ? 1. LeBron James, Cleveland – 64%

No best player question?

I definitely don't believe he's the best leader, but the rest of them I would say is on the money. Adjustment I'd put 1a/1b with him and Curry. I think he is the best player still but the difference is not big at all and two Warriors are right at his level. Dude has cache and would get votes regardless. Messi and Ronaldo would be top 2 beginning of next season if their form fell off a cliff for a similar reason for example.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
They voted for Jokic as the 2nd best international player in the NBA ahead of M.Gasol. 14% to 10%. Yet in the best center M.Gasol was ranked 3rd at 21% ahead of Cousins, Jokic, Gobert. I'm not even taking issue with the actual ranking but that kinda seems like someone messed up.

Maybe different GM's answer different questions or something. If they all fill out the same form tho, some people aren't taking it too serious :lol

or maybe they're not that bright :D

KAT being the best center seems like the only really jarring decision. You need to know D to even be considered.

HurricaneKid 10-04-2017 02:27 PM

People whose job it is to know better shouldn't think KAT is a better foundational piece than Giannis.

FireDavidKahn 10-04-2017 03:09 PM

The league has spoken. Seems pretty legit to me.

Fire Colangelo 10-04-2017 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
People whose job it is to know better shouldn't think KAT is a better foundational piece than Giannis.

It's definitely arguable, Towns is a year younger and just came off a 25/12 season. I don't have a problem with anyone choosing either to be honest.

Zeppelin 10-04-2017 03:24 PM

It's clear from the survey that the best player in the world is Lebron.

Second best is between Curry and KD where Curry has more impact but KD is better all around.

The GM's have that about right.

They seem to tend towards believing AD is next though, ahead of WB/Kawhi. I'm not so sure about that. IMO AD has not proven nearly as much.