Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   It's October Trump haters (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=440785)

rufuspaul 10-05-2017 11:08 AM

It's October Trump haters

You whiners have been saying that Trump can't take credit for the stock market surge until October (which is a debatable point but I'll give it to you). So here we are in October and the market is at an all time high. I'm awaiting your rationalizations.

UK2K 10-05-2017 11:12 AM

Re: It's October Trump haters

S&P up 500 points (2085 to 2542) since Trump was elected.

S&P LOST 7 points in the 18 months between Jan '15 and Jul '16.

Nothing to do with Trump, doe.

SunsN07BookIt 10-05-2017 11:15 AM

Consumer confidence jumped up immediately after Trump was elected and has stayed high(compared to the last 4 years of Obama) since then.

Total coincidence though

Rolando 10-05-2017 11:37 AM

Stocks are up. Does that translate into higher wages for the middle class? That's the question, isn't it.

Also, does that translate into higher tax revenues?

Patrick Chewing 10-05-2017 11:38 AM

FBI determined within 24 hours that the Las Vegas shooter had no ties to ISIS.

FBI still hasn't determined if there was Russian collusion during the 2016 Presidential election.

:lol

UK2K 10-05-2017 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rolando
Stocks are up. Does that translate into higher wages for the middle class? That's the question, isn't it.

Also, does that translate into higher tax revenues?

ANNUALIZED RATE OF RETURN
22.61% 4/26/2016 - 10/5/2017

Sure makes my 401K look nice.

rufuspaul 10-05-2017 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rolando

No it isn't. I'm only talking about the markets. After the initial surge all you libtards kept saying it was due to Obama's policies and that any effect Trump had wouldn't be seen until October. Well...

UK2K 10-05-2017 11:54 AM

These dudes are smarter than us, because they have advanced degrees...

Politico? Wrong.

Quote:

Economists: A Trump win would tank the markets

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...markets-230164

Fortune? Wrong.

Quote:

Here's How Much the Stock Market Could Plunge If Trump Becomes President

http://fortune.com/2016/10/06/donald...tock-market-2/

Business Insider AND Cuban? Wrong.

Quote:

CUBAN: There is 'no doubt in my mind' the market will crash if Trump wins

http://www.businessinsider.com/mark-...mp-wins-2016-9

NY Post? Wrong.

Quote:

What a Trump win would mean for the economy

http://nypost.com/2016/10/26/what-a-...r-the-economy/

You don't need an advanced degree to know Obama being out of the WH would boost the market. :lol

Idiots.

TheMan 10-05-2017 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rufuspaul
You whiners have been saying that Trump can't take credit for the stock market surge until October (which is a debatable point but I'll give it to you). So here we are in October and the market is at an all time high. I'm awaiting your rationalizations.

No shit, the rich are reaping all the benefits of record breaking stocks market, but unless that translates to higher wages for the rest of us, the American people will punish the GOP much like they did to the Democrats. We also saw record breaking stocks market under Obama after GWB's disastrous economy but the majority of the American people didn't benefit from it and they sure showed their displeasure at the ballot box. You guys won't be immune to that either so don't toot your horn just yet.

rufuspaul 10-05-2017 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMan
No shit, the rich are reaping all the benefits of record breaking stocks market, but unless that translates to higher wages for the rest of us, the American people will punish the GOP much like they did to the Democrats. We also saw record breaking stocks market under Obama after GWB's disastrous economy but the majority of the American people didn't benefit from it and they sure showed their displeasure at the ballot box. You guys won't be immune to that either so don't toot your horn just yet.

:blah

See what happens when you call out a snowflake for being dead wrong. Thread is about the markets and they keep bringing up wages. Wages are rising, although slower than we would all like. And here's news for you: wages were stagnant during the entirety of Obama's reign. As for the market only benefitting the wealthy UK and I have been reaping benefits from investments and you could hardly call us rich.

CelticBaller 10-05-2017 01:03 PM

My index fund looking healthy right now

BigNBAfan 10-05-2017 01:25 PM

So these morons cannot admit TRUMP was the reason in a surging market and are now crying about how that jump means very little to their poor ass?

awww waaahh waaaaah mommy and daddy government wont hand me anything waaah

****ing kids/beaners want everything handed to them

CelticBaller 10-05-2017 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigNBAfan
So these morons cannot admit TRUMP was the reason in a surging market and are now crying about how that jump means very little to their poor ass?

awww waaahh waaaaah mommy and daddy government wont hand me anything waaah

****ing kids/beaners want everything handed to them

Bruh wtf is wrong with. Was it really necessary to be racist?

Ncrazyballa 10-05-2017 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CelticBaller
Bruh wtf is wrong with. Was it really necessary to be racist?

no worries, ive been plottin

nathanjizzle 10-05-2017 01:43 PM

i dont know where you trumptards got that arbitrary number of 8 months from, thats not even a full season :roll: obviously there was hype surrounding trump and the things he would do for big business, thats no shocker. stock market operates in that way. if you really want to be objective, wait around 2 years and compare it with the previous 4-6 years to see if that was the trajectory and how much it benefited big companies that represent the stock market. no doubt though, in terms of big business and certain industries, trump will help those gain financially, but you have to consider the ramifications of allowing these business to operate with less government oversight...such as pollution,environmental damage...use of fossil fuels...those are just small examples.