Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Google Launches New Overpriced Shit to Rival Apple (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=440788)

dunksby 10-05-2017 11:39 AM

Google Launches New Overpriced Shit to Rival Apple

The ugly Google Pixel 2 comes with a regular 1080p screen, with the same camera, a weak non-removable battery and no memory card slot. Here comes the best part, base model (64gb) priced at $650 / Ä800 / £630 :roll:

dunksby 10-05-2017 11:42 AM

Re: Google Launches New Overpriced Shit to Rival Apple

Also the uninspiringly named Pixelbook is a thin 2-in-1 that will cost you a thousand bucks at base price. They are basically copying whatever Apple, Microsoft, Samsung others producing, put a G on it and slap an outrageous price tag on to make it look like it's good shit.

BigNBAfan 10-05-2017 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunksby
Also the uninspiringly named Pixelbook is a thin 2-in-1 that will cost you a thousand bucks at base price. They are basically copying whatever Apple, Microsoft, Samsung others producing, put a G on it and slap an outrageous price tag on to make it look like it's good shit.

I own an iphone 7 plus (two actually and a macbook) - but everything that's on it has started to look more and more android.

Google's own phones are still pretty bad IMO, but the android OS is beyond apple.

I mean it took 11 versions of ios to even get a proper built in file browser?

eriX 10-05-2017 12:40 PM

Pixel may not have the hardware advantages close to its rivals yet but its software are at least equal if not better than Apple's iOS which is what really matters in the end.

But you showed the normal smaller Pixel opposed to the Pixel XL with the better display, "same camera" which is improved upon whilst already being the best phone camera out there by general consensus, weak battery? mine last the whole day whilst using battery heavy games and browsing, no memory card slot but who needs more than 64 gb of storage? There's unlimited cloud storage for photos and videos and downloading on Spotify takes little to no space.

:facepalm

dazzer87 10-05-2017 12:45 PM

OP still waiting for YouTube app to show up on his window phone....

andgar923 10-05-2017 12:58 PM

Apparently the camera is rated as the best on any phone. They must also get credit for at least trying a different design.

I think itís a good release.

qrich 10-05-2017 01:01 PM

So Google is on par with 2015 Samsung?

scuzzy 10-05-2017 01:07 PM

Damn, they removed the headphone jack to? :facepalm

And their adapter is $45.99 :biggums:

hold this L 10-05-2017 01:12 PM

Looks like a good phone. I'll likely be looking for Pixel 1 once this comes out though. Phones are way too expensive to buy in the year they come out.

imdaman99 10-05-2017 01:26 PM

No headphone jack, no thanks.

UK2K 10-05-2017 01:45 PM

I wish there was an alternative to iPhones and Droids. I've had a Droid for a few years now...

I just want something different.

qrich 10-05-2017 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UK2K
I wish there was an alternative to iPhones and Droids. I've had a Droid for a few years now...

I just want something different.

Heard Amazon will be releasing the Fire 2 sometime in 2018. Also Windows phones, but many don't like the tile set up.

Nanners 10-05-2017 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scuzzy
Damn, they removed the headphone jack to? :facepalm

And their adapter is $45.99 :biggums:

shit like this makes me want to go back to using my old flip phone after my current smartphone dies

dazzer87 10-05-2017 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qrich
Heard Amazon will be releasing the Fire 2 sometime in 2018. Also Windows phones, but many don't like the tile set up.

Damn....dont know whats worst...a Amazon phone or any Window phone....

UK2K 10-05-2017 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qrich

I thought about a Windows phone, but I don't know anyone who owns one. :lol

I just want something other than 'THE' brands.