Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minnesota Timberwolves Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   trenton hassel sucks (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4423)

jamal 07-07-2006 04:23 PM

trenton hassel sucks

..im getting scared by some of the positive comments about him in the other thread. have any of you seen him play? SAKF obviously relates to him as a gritty, scrappy player...but that doesnt mean hes any good....and hes hidiously ovepaid.

this cat has been in the L since 01 and has ONE good season (03-04), where he was playing next to a leader who wanted the ball on offense in sammy, and respected by defensive-minded teammates spree and KG. this guy is trash. he has value only as a poor man's Bowen on a contendor who can play 15 a night off the bench.

Skywalker 07-07-2006 04:27 PM

He's good. Just leave it at that, stats don't mean anything. He's a great perimeter defender with average offense.

A combo of those two things don't suck.

boshraptor4life 07-07-2006 04:27 PM

Agreed, from what I've seen, but if he is this supposed shut down defender, we could use him, that's something we weren't to **** hot at last year.

jamal 07-07-2006 04:29 PM

AVERAGE OFFENSE? hahahahah...please...hahahah. he does not have AVERAGE offense for even an nba rotation player, let alone a guy who is making the full MLE.

he is DEFINATELY below average on offense. NO QUESTION.

Skywalker 07-07-2006 04:31 PM

You are OBVIOUSLY BLIND.

hey braid my hair jamal is that you? you act just as stupid as he did.

jamal 07-07-2006 04:38 PM

shut up you complete retard, you're the cat who thinks chris paul should still go at 4 if that draft were re-done? you have no room to speak.

saKf 07-07-2006 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamal
AVERAGE OFFENSE? hahahahah...please...hahahah. he does not have AVERAGE offense for even an nba rotation player, let alone a guy who is making the full MLE.

he is DEFINATELY below average on offense. NO QUESTION.

Hassell DOES have average offense, he just doesn't have three-point range. He's above average at a few things inside the arc to make up for that. Also, what Hassell signed for was not the full MLE at the time and is even smaller compared to the current MLE.

Skywalker 07-07-2006 04:42 PM

Quote:

shut up you complete retard, you're the cat who thinks chris paul should still go at 4 if that draft were re-done? you have no room to speak.

I seriously never said that, you're making things up now?

jamal 07-07-2006 04:42 PM

the nba is not in good shape if trenton hassel is an average offensive player

...and i actually like the direction the L is headed in.

so...

you be the judge

Skywalker 07-07-2006 04:43 PM

What you thinks doesn't matter because you don't know anything.

saKf 07-07-2006 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamal
..im getting scared by some of the positive comments about him in the other thread. have any of you seen him play? SAKF obviously relates to him as a gritty, scrappy player...but that doesnt mean hes any good....and hes hidiously ovepaid.

this cat has been in the L since 01 and has ONE good season (03-04), where he was playing next to a leader who wanted the ball on offense in sammy, and respected by defensive-minded teammates spree and KG.
this guy is trash. he has value only as a poor man's Bowen on a contendor who can play 15 a night off the bench.

He's not hideously overpaid. He makes $4.35 million per year. There are players rotting on half the teams' benches that make more than that. Hassell makes meaningful impact.

Also, he's had THREE good seasons, all of them with Minnesota. He just got a lot more attention in that one season because of the team's success, which is normal. When a team is successful, a player gets praised. When the team isn't successful, the player, even when doing the same things, gets called "hideously overpaid," which is not at all accurate.

dmenzion 07-07-2006 04:44 PM

if u a 6th man for a nba team obviously u dont suck, i havent seen much of the guy but i know he doesnt suck hes a average player in the league, and can play defense jus chill out,people.

jamal 07-07-2006 04:44 PM

i know more than 95 percent of this board...and thats not becasue im so great, but because i watch/play more ball than most of yall. comes with the territory son. read up.

geeWiz15 07-07-2006 04:45 PM

Hassell doesn't suck... dang. by what standard does he suck? All star standard? Sure. But as far as roleplayer, you can't ask for too much more.

hawkfan 07-07-2006 04:52 PM

Washington gets

Trenton Hassell

Minnesota gets

Etan Thomas

Washington signs Lorenzen Wright with MLE