Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Bynum looking to get 15-20 mins (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4432)

hotsizzle 07-07-2006 06:02 PM

Bynum looking to get 15-20 mins

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_4022263

lakerfreak 07-07-2006 07:06 PM

That article kinda worries me. He's in his first step of sounding just like a disgruntled center who wants out.

All I know is he did good in last year's summer league but I expect him to get better and he must be more assertive on offense.

As for 15-20 mpg. I think he can get 10 mpg if he starts learning the triangle.

He did make a pretty retarded comment at the end that was totally unneccessary...

"We've some new guys trying to learn the triangle (offense)," Bynum said, "and I feel their pain because it's pretty tough to learn."

**** like that is whats gonna get him traded if he keeps it up

SoCalMike 07-07-2006 08:51 PM

He's 18, I will cut him some slack on the stupid comments... for now....

However, I dont see how he's gonna get those kinds of minutes unless Kwame or Mihm are gone... So, who knows....

traditionone 07-07-2006 10:07 PM

This isn't a big deal. His goal is to play 15-20 minutes per game or more. I much rather have him say that then say that he wants to stay on the bench and collect a paycheck. He's working hard to get out there on the floor. He wants to play. If he excels at the summer leagues, he will get his minutes. He needs to prove himself on the court.

LakerzFan4Life 07-08-2006 04:17 PM

Hope he get that

SoCalMike 07-08-2006 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traditionone
If he excels at the summer leagues, he will get his minutes. He needs to prove himself on the court.

Let's all hope he does excel in the summer league... I would love to have the problem of him challenging Kwame for some real minutes! We all want this risky Laker draft pick to pay off, so all we can do is hope!

Dat1 07-08-2006 05:56 PM

he cant even play before turiaf how is he gonna get 5 min:hammerhead:

SoCalMike 07-08-2006 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dat1
he cant even play before turiaf how is he gonna get 5 min:hammerhead:

Um, well considering that Turiaf is at the 4 and Bynum is at the 5, I am not sure what yu mean...

:confusedshrug:

magic#32 07-09-2006 06:48 PM

I'd really like to see Bynum get some minutes. I just remember Indiana wanting him in a trade for Ron Artest and the Lakers turned that down. So there must be something to this kid.

lakerfreak 07-10-2006 06:12 PM

I saw pictures of him in summer league. Bynum got BIIIGGGG.

like honestly and he is still the same athletic youngin.

He can play against anyone by now. With shaq getting older and Bynum getting stronger. cant wait for next Miami @ lakers.

ZeN 07-10-2006 07:20 PM

I can hear it now... Andrew "The Body" Bynum :banana:

Hopefully he can progress.. so that we can utilize the talent of Mimmsee by using him as trade bate. That way we can have two solid centers in Kawa Mee and The Body.

ZeN

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 07-10-2006 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeN
I can hear it now... Andrew "The Body" Bynum :banana:

Hopefully he can progress.. so that we can utilize the talent of Mimmsee by using him as trade bate. That way we can have two solid centers in Kawa Mee and The Body.

ZeN

Whast wrong with Mihm?? people understand this....he was more consistant then Kwame last year before going down. Kwame has played good in only 18 games remember that. if all of these 3 guys play good this year we would be a very good team......I think Mihm is going to have a breakout season......I want my Man TURIAF to be a monster this year.....

ZeN 07-10-2006 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
Whast wrong with Mihm?? people understand this....he was more consistant then Kwame last year before going down. Kwame has played good in only 18 games remember that. if all of these 3 guys play good this year we would be a very good team......I think Mihm is going to have a breakout season......I want my Man TURIAF to be a monster this year.....

Same here with Turiaf.. :rockon:

But with Mimmsee you gotta remember also, the catastrophic events of having him and Kawa_Mee in the paint. They were like two fat ladies, running for the buffet... they were all over each other.. That, and they did not work together properly.

I love Chris, (regardless of his tendency of attracting foul trouble) but feel that K.Browns' potential is grander.. except for those mini-hands that he has. If he can get over that, and gain a proper composure.. then maybe he can look next season similarly, to what he displayed at the end of last season and the playoffs.

Plus, having another tradeable body is an asset that the lakers don't have in abundance.

ZeN

lakerfreak 07-12-2006 03:31 AM

I wonder what we would get in return for Kwame now