Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sacramento Kings Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Where will Bonzi Wells go (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4436)

hawkfan 07-07-2006 05:30 PM

Where will Bonzi Wells go

Where will he end up?

One story has the Kings offering 5 years, $36 million.

Maybe Toronto will sign him either straight up or in a sign and trade.

Attila 07-07-2006 05:31 PM

What can the Pistones offer?

geeWiz15 07-07-2006 05:33 PM

toronto is the perfect fit.

They need grit on that roster. How about having Bonzi post up a wing player while Bosh and Bargnani are waiting for the open jumper? Defenses will have to adjust to something like that. Bonzi is the type of guy the Raptors could really use, provided he can stay consistent.

I hope he doesn't go to the Kings. He and Artest is redundant and I think Kevin Martin is the SG of the future for the Kings, with Garcia as his backup, they don't need Bonzi.

brwnman 07-07-2006 05:40 PM

nope, Toronto ain't a fit... The Raptors aren't willing to pay him 8 mil. over the next 5 years for an annual 12-13 pt. scorer...

hawkfan 07-07-2006 05:41 PM

Kings get

Morris Peterson

Raptors get

Bonzi Wells (sign and trade)

bigkingsfan 07-07-2006 05:57 PM

He's already a perfect fit for the Kings...

TheBigAristotle1 07-07-2006 07:35 PM

The kings played better when Martin starts.....

Really Artest and Bonzi are to similair to start them both.

DeuceWallaces 07-07-2006 08:33 PM

Pistons would have to trade, all we have left is the Minimum Exception and the Every Other Exception.

Maybe we can combine the two, along with our remaining million or 2 and make an offer. He almost came here last time.

kwajo 07-07-2006 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkfan
Kings get

Morris Peterson

Raptors get

ewww no thanks, we're not giving up our best shooter and defender, especially when we could, in theory, afford to sign him outright

TheBigAristotle1 07-07-2006 08:35 PM

No GM would want to reunite Sheed and Bonzi, none.

Tips4 07-07-2006 08:35 PM

Quote:

Kings get

Morris Peterson

Raptors get

Please do us a favor and think before you post. Just think ! wouldnt this board be better if people thought before posting. Why would Raptors sign and trade for Bonzi when they have the cap room to sign him.

xHardcourtx 07-07-2006 08:36 PM

i would not give up mo-pete in a sign and trade for bonzi...no way in hell. thats alot to give up...and anyways why would the raptors do a sign and trade when they have cap room? thats the main reason that S&T's are done, to work around the cap.

BradMiller52 07-07-2006 08:39 PM

He'll stay in Sacto.

SecondFiddle 07-07-2006 09:09 PM

Has he selected JC as his lord and savior, if not he is going straight to .....

ALBballer 07-07-2006 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeWiz15
toronto is the perfect fit.

They need grit on that roster. How about having Bonzi post up a wing player while Bosh and Bargnani are waiting for the open jumper? Defenses will have to adjust to something like that. Bonzi is the type of guy the Raptors could really use, provided he can stay consistent.

I hope he doesn't go to the Kings. He and Artest is redundant and I think Kevin Martin is the SG of the future for the Kings, with Garcia as his backup, they don't need Bonzi.

The only problem is Bonzi is known to be a "problem" player, and I don't know if Colangelo wants him to influence Bosh, but other then that, I think it's a great fit. Bonzi also plays defense and adds toughness, something the Raps are sorely missing.