Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charlotte Hornets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Trade Ely to Lakers For?????? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4458)

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 07-07-2006 08:19 PM

Trade Ely to Lakers For??????

what you want to get back if you guys want to trade Ely to to the Lakers????

Timmeh 07-07-2006 08:21 PM

what do you have that's worth getting?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 07-07-2006 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmeh
what do you have that's worth getting?

cook, mihm, sasha, mckie(expiring contract)

obonpaxis 07-07-2006 09:16 PM

Mckie's expiring contract may mean something to Bickerstaff, but there's no way he'd actually suit up for a young team. Did he even play last year?

Mihm is a great scorer for the first two quarters of every third or fourth game. The rest of the time he's garbage. I wouldn't give Ely up for him. I've never paid much attention to Cook.

Timmeh 07-07-2006 11:07 PM

Cook would probably be decent off the bench for us but we're loaded at PF and C right now so we don't really need him or Mihm...hey that rhymed...anywho, McKie would be a great leader for our young squad but unless LA adds a draft pick with Mckie I don't see Ely going to you guys, sorry.

SoCalMike 07-08-2006 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmeh
Cook would probably be decent off the bench for us but we're loaded at PF and C right now so we don't really need him or Mihm...hey that rhymed...anywho, McKie would be a great leader for our young squad but unless LA adds a draft pick with Mckie I don't see Ely going to you guys, sorry.

I agree... it makes no sense for the Bobcats at this point.. although i'd love to see Ely a Laker..! :)

New Jazzy Nets 07-13-2006 12:58 PM

Nets need him more and want him more then the lakers. But not sure what you guys would want. Maybe Zoran and Mccinis?

Timmeh 07-13-2006 01:52 PM

no way, who else you got that you're willing to give up

obonpaxis 07-13-2006 02:33 PM

The Nets do need some bulk.

Give us both next year's picks and a bag of Cllff Robinson's weed.

insidehoops 07-14-2006 10:50 AM

Ely still seems like backup material, not starter material

marny_navis 07-24-2006 10:26 PM

What about Mihm, future first round pick, Sasha Vujacic, and Shammond Williams for Brevin Knight and Melvin Ely? We aren't that good at drafting the late 20's, so how bout u take our pick and draft another piece of your puzzle? We signed Shammond for a pretty low price, the minimum i believe, and he could be your veteran backup PG, and Vujacic is a 2 guard, something you don't have yet. Mihm would give you solid contributions in your rotation, and could start for you or maybe even come off the bench with May. We would get an unselfish PG who also plays defense, and a rebounder who could give us 10 and 5. What do you think? McKie's contract included if you would like.