Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Should We Trade for Darius Miles? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4476)

ALBballer 07-07-2006 11:32 PM

Should We Trade for Darius Miles?

I think he would be the perfect 3 for our team. He can run, and can actually play defense. Yes I know, do we really want another malcontent and a bad contract? But, if we could get him for say Jackie Butler and get rid of Malik Rose's bad contract, why not?

doc_dimez 07-07-2006 11:53 PM

no.....no.....NOOOOOOOOOOOO......dude why you wanna screw this team up even worse, I mean he's talented and all but it won't work I just know it in my gut that IT WILL NOT WORK.......oh and a couple ofthings 1) his defense is not that great...2) can score but needs a lot of shots and believe me we do not another guy who needs a lot of shots...3) turns the ball over a LOT..and as of last year we were the worst team in the league in that department....4) he is a huuuugggggeeee underachiever.......What we need on this team is hustle and D to go along with all the shoot first types...

datdude 07-08-2006 12:23 AM

darius miles = crack......just say no!!

brooklynchild155 07-08-2006 12:25 AM

word i agree we dont need miles. he has bad character. and also u goin to take minutes away from balkman and i believe he should be in the rotation. miles isnt a good defender and he isnt goin to make alot of hustle plays.

Blue&Orange 07-08-2006 05:44 AM

Another unreliable player with contract till 2010.
The only trade the knicks should do is francis for Eddie Jones, but that isn't going to happen.

shafir 07-08-2006 07:49 AM

if..

If we could get rid of Jerome James of Malik Rose, we should undoubtedly trade for him, the guy is 6'9'' and can play SG

JinTheWindMaster 07-08-2006 11:46 AM

No.

wally_world 07-08-2006 12:12 PM

ERM... NO! Miles is a great young guy... don't ruin his future by bringing him into the Knicks! MArbury isn't a good eg!

houselog442 07-08-2006 02:17 PM

I bet Portland will do this deal if you given them Maurice Tayler.

The Real GM 07-08-2006 04:17 PM

Are you serious? He would fit in as an under-achiever, headcase, and ball hog with a long, bloated contract. He doesn't play any D and is a locker room cancer. The Blazers would gladly take Maurice Taylor's expiring contract and then waive him. I also saw Jackie Butler's name mentioned. The Blazers would be glad if he was included in the deal. He actually has some promise. I wouldn't take Miles on any team, but if you want the Knicks cap sitiuation in even more turmoil and another player who can't win or put it together on your team, then by all means take him. He will not help this team at all!

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 07-08-2006 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALBballer
I think he would be the perfect 3 for our team. He can run, and can actually play defense. Yes I know, do we really want another malcontent and a bad contract? But, if we could get him for say Jackie Butler and get rid of Malik Rose's bad contract, why not?

yes you guys should go after darius miles....perfect fit for the fit ....ugly contract and cancer in the locker room........perfect fit in NY

houselog442 07-08-2006 08:37 PM

Perfect trade for the Knicks:

Knicks get:

Darius Miles
Zach Randolph
Raef Lafrenz (sp?)

Blazers get:
Allen Houston
Maurice Tayler

Perfect trade, Portland gets rid of 3 nasty, crappy salaries while the Knicks get 3 more bloated contracts with 2 of them being total cancers and the other being a soft, defenseless wimp! I would have put a draft pick in it too for Portland but the Knicks have traded them all away to Chicago and Utah!

PacerRaptor 07-08-2006 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houselog442
Perfect trade for the Knicks:

Knicks get:

Darius Miles
Zach Randolph
Raef Lafrenz (sp?)

Blazers get:
Allen Houston
Maurice Tayler

Perfect trade, Portland gets rid of 3 nasty, crappy salaries while the Knicks get 3 more bloated contracts with 2 of them being total cancers and the other being a soft, defenseless wimp! I would have put a draft pick in it too for Portland but the Knicks have traded them all away to Chicago and Utah!

are your kidding me, which GM in the WORLD would do that trade...Houston doesnt even play anymore and you're taking away arguably their 2 top players...no way Portland would ever accept that trade

houselog442 07-08-2006 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
are your kidding me, which GM in the WORLD would do that trade...Houston doesnt even play anymore and you're taking away arguably their 2 top players...no way Portland would ever accept that trade

Portland would do that trade in a heartbeat! A chance to dump $30 million in salary cap space after next season plus the fact they are ready to move on without those losers since the way they drafted. I just don't think even a complete idiot like Isiah would be stupid enough to do that trade!

shafir 07-10-2006 09:06 AM

Do it!

PG-Marbury/Nate/Collins
SG-Francis/JCraw/Balkman
SF-JRose/QRich/Miles
PF-Randolph/Frye/MRose
C-Curry/LaFrentz/Butler/James
If we did this trade, we would be the deepest the NBA has ever seen, DO IT!