Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Renaldo Balkman Looks Great in Knick Debut! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4511)

NYKnicks914 07-08-2006 04:52 PM

Renaldo Balkman Looks Great in Knick Debut!

I would go as far as saying he was the best player on the court in the first half.

The game gave a lot of hope for the future. The youngsters all looked good.

(I wrote a full article about it at www.dwolin.blogspot.com, please check it out!)

XxNeXuSxX 07-08-2006 04:55 PM

:roll:

Real Men Wear Green 07-08-2006 05:07 PM

Two things:
1. It'd be nice to see some stats.

2. " Higher Level Basketball Thinking" ould be a cool username. Well, not really. But I'd have used it.

MoPet24 07-08-2006 05:16 PM

true he was awesome

NYKnicks914 07-08-2006 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Two things:
1. It'd be nice to see some stats.

2. " Higher Level Basketball Thinking" ould be a cool username. Well, not really. But I'd have used it.

Personally, I don't look at stats for summer league games. They never tell the full story... but I will try to find some for you, Mr. Green.

HLBT would be a cool username, almost as cool as Real Men Wear Green. It's also a good blog name:applause:

NYKnicks914 07-08-2006 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoPet24
true he was awesome

mos def

just wondering...do you get MSG in Canada or did you see it somewhere else?

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 07-08-2006 06:08 PM

stats dont mean nothing..defense is everything

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 07-08-2006 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYKnicks914
mos def

just wondering...do you get MSG in Canada or did you see it somewhere else?

he was being sarcastic

Hotlantadude81 07-08-2006 06:47 PM

Sorry... Everytime I read that name I think of Rolando Blackman. :hammerhead:

Real Men Wear Green 07-08-2006 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
stats dont mean nothing..defense is everything

Defense is half the game and can be poorly represented on a stat sheet, but that doesn't mean stats are meaningless. Balkman is being boosted up as a hustle guy...ok, then I just want to know how many rebounds, steals, blocks, lay-ups his hustle is getting him. And if he was the best player on the floor then I want to know what he scored, what opponents scored, all of that stuff. More information is always a good thing.

Skywalker 07-08-2006 07:05 PM

Quote:

he was being sarcastic

No he wasn't you clown. Wow, you are so dumb wowowowowowoow.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 07-08-2006 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker
No he wasn't you clown. Wow, you are so dumb wowowowowowoow.

wow you are an idiot, mopete was being sarcastic.. :rollingeyes:

Skywalker 07-08-2006 07:47 PM

HOW DO YOU KNOW?

Seriosuyl kid are you ok. Every post of yours I look at I just laugh and click the back button. You are the biggest moron I've ever seen.

Human Error 07-08-2006 09:50 PM

I admit that I haven't seen him a lot, but judging from what I heard, I think at best he has a shot at being like Greg Minor who played for the Celtics a few years ago. Above average athleticism, good upper body strength and conditioning, zero offensive skills.

NYKnicks914 07-09-2006 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Defense is half the game and can be poorly represented on a stat sheet, but that doesn't mean stats are meaningless. Balkman is being boosted up as a hustle guy...ok, then I just want to know how many rebounds, steals, blocks, lay-ups his hustle is getting him. And if he was the best player on the floor then I want to know what he scored, what opponents scored, all of that stuff. More information is always a good thing.

I never said stats were meaningless... but idt those comments were directed towards me. The stats from yesterday's game are at http://www.vegassummerleague.com/box_score.cfm?game=55

Human error - those were the general thoughts on Balkman... though not totally accurate. He actually does have a pretty nice offensive game - he can handle, moves very well without the ball, has a nice foul shot. He could also use some more upper body strength. The hustle comes as advertised, though.