Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Orleans Pelicans Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Hornets will be great (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4530)

AndDru1 07-08-2006 06:57 PM

Hornets will be great

Hornets will be a fun team to watch,
Good Coach
Great PG(even though I thought he would be a bust)
Peja to spread the floor
and Chandler to block shots

But while this team will thrive in the regular season they won't go past the 2nd round in the playoffs without a legitamate post presence (on offense)

KnicksFan4Life 07-09-2006 12:33 PM

Definitly going to be a 4th or 5th seed, maybe Chandler can develop a little hookshot

insidehoops 07-09-2006 06:57 PM

Tough to say how good they'll be, because last year they had a chemistry that is now gone with all the new parts, and it could hit, but it could miss

Better players this year, but there's no guarantee they'll be as good as they were in the first half of lsat year

HORNETSFAN 07-17-2006 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
Tough to say how good they'll be, because last year they had a chemistry that is now gone with all the new parts, and it could hit, but it could miss

Better players this year, but there's no guarantee they'll be as good as they were in the first half of lsat year

Who knows? There was no chemistry at the beginning of last season either. If you recall, we completely overhauled a terrible 18-64 team.

wally_world 07-21-2006 10:46 PM

Need some perimeter defence to make 5-6 seed or survive 1st round...

Czar 07-22-2006 10:49 AM

I still think you guys need a 2G, but I could be wrong.

lawlerslaw100 08-01-2006 11:22 PM

The off season move signing Peja was bad

in the long run. Peja cant play D and this team is no better than
a 1st round team. The Peja move has sealed this team's fate as
being a lesser version of the Kings for the next 5. Colin Cowherd
commented on ESPN radio about this a month ago.:hammerhead:

The Italian 08-02-2006 05:56 PM

I can see this team contending for the 6 maybe 5 spot in th West. I didn't really like the Peja signing but it has grown on me. He should play pretty well for this team but I don't like his defense.

Rapsfan4life 08-03-2006 02:53 PM

they have put together a solid team. With Chris Paul running the show, watch out after all their solid additions.

shafir 08-03-2006 05:12 PM

They're gonna be great.

lakerfreak 08-03-2006 05:58 PM

Byronn Scott is making the hornets look like the nets when he coached them.

Chandler- will take more of a mutumbo's role
Peja- will be a wayyy better version of Kerry kittles
Bobby Jackson- Will add about 10 ppg off the bench
chris paul- It is obvious he is the J-Kidd of the team but hes better offensively than Jason

I see a 12 + game improvement this season for the horNETS

(haha even half the name is nets :hammerhead: )

04mzwach 08-04-2006 12:10 AM

u cant count out teams with good point gaurds, look at the suns...im not saying he's up to steve nash's level yet but he is better than a lot of point gaurds, A LOT!