Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Who would you take with the #3 pick? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45543)

melvinthompson 06-15-2007 11:38 PM

Who would you take with the #3 pick?

Alright, so the #1 and 2 picks are sure things, but if you were the GM of the Hawks and every position was of equal need, who would you take with the #3 pick and why?

I've yet to hear of any player as the consensus pick at that spot so I was curious who you all would take...is there a player you consider a sure thing at #3?

Howard5Dirk41 06-15-2007 11:44 PM

Re: Who would you take with the #3 pick?

glen davis

Make It Rain 06-15-2007 11:46 PM

Well they have #3 and #11. If they can be positive that Conley will be available at 11, they should take Brandan Wright at #3. Anyway, I'm pretty sure this has been discussed in another thread.

Unknown 06-15-2007 11:47 PM

It's a really tough pick to make if you're the Hawks. Simple reason is there are many, many forwards in the draft, but Atlanta is overstocked with Forwards to begin with. If i were them, I'd trade down, get a nice Shooting Guard and a lower pick, somewhere appropriate in which they could get Conley at.

But, if I were to pick just on basis of potential, best player available disregarding position, it would have to be Brandon Wright.

Make It Rain 06-15-2007 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknown
It's a really tough pick to make if you're the Hawks. Simple reason is there are many, many forwards in the draft, but Atlanta is overstocked with Forwards to begin with. If i were them, I'd trade down, get a nice Shooting Guard and a lower pick, somewhere appropriate in which they could get Conley at.

But, if I were to pick just on basis of potential, best player available disregarding position, it would have to be Brandon Wright.

They don't have a lot of talent at the PF spot. Or any really. JJ and Childress are good at SG. They just need a point. Conley is a must.

Unknown 06-15-2007 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make It Rain
They don't have a lot of talent at the PF spot. Or any really. JJ and Childress are good at SG. They just need a point. Conley is a must.

But they have guys who can PLAY that position. They have Pachulia, Smith, Marvin Williams and Shelden Williams. All of them guys can play the PF spot. Most are big enough to play it as well, and most are more athletic then the usual PF.

They could use some Center help though. Hawes could help them quite a bit.

I think the two simplest things for the Hawks to do is to trade down the order, get a 7th or 8th pick. Take Conley with that pick, then with their 11th pick take Hawes or one of the other centers available. Taking Jason Smith might be a bit of a reach at the 11 spot, but he could potentially work out.

johndeeregreen 06-16-2007 12:01 AM

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

glen davis
:rolleyes:

Howard5Dirk41 06-16-2007 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
:rolleyes:

hes the next Shaq

Phenith 06-16-2007 12:05 AM

If Budinger was in this draft the Hawks would end up with another SF if they drafted regardless of need.

GoRapz 06-16-2007 12:20 AM

If the hawks take conley @ 3rd they mind as well trade the pick for a proven PG already. No diss to Conley but he's definately not 3rd pick material.

wang4three 06-16-2007 12:26 AM

Quote:

No diss to Conley but he's definately not PG material.

How is that not disrespecting Conley? Conley is a good PG, and in two years he'd probably be talked about in the Chris Paul mold. Obviously it depends on him if he works on his game to get there, but he's definitely one of the best point gaurds I've seen last year.

If I were the Hawks I'd take Brandon Wright and then trade the 11th to the Nets for Marcus Williams. Seems like the safest bet.

DieHardBullsFan 06-16-2007 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRapz
If the hawks take conley @ 3rd they mind as well trade the pick for a proven PG already. No diss to Conley but he's definately not 3rd pick material.

Thats the same thing they said about Deron Williams and look how he turned out!

Y2Gezee 06-16-2007 12:29 AM

I think you have to go with Brandan Wright. I think he's definately gonna be the best scorer out of the draft NEXT YEAR, and win ROY.

I really think he'd be a great pick up for Seattle, but ofcourse media and fan expectations + potential will make them get Durant.

The guy IMO will one day be atleast Chris Bosh, if not KG

i seen hippos 06-16-2007 12:30 AM

Julian Wright is the 3rd best player in the draft, but why take him unless you have a major trade in the works involving Smith and other pieces for a star big man?

So, next best thing is draft Noah.

Noah and Smith would terrorize players in the paint.

i seen hippos 06-16-2007 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
I think you have to go with Brandan Wright. I think he's definately gonna be the best scorer out of the draft NEXT YEAR, and win ROY.

I really think he'd be a great pick up for Seattle, but ofcourse media and fan expectations + potential will make them get Durant.

The guy IMO will one day be atleast Chris Bosh, if not KG

The Aldridge must be god. And yes, I know they're not quite the same player.